News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV CallerID NUMBER not working

Started by BitBass, November 23, 2015, 05:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BitBass

I finally managed to get GV, my POTS line and my PIAF(Asterisk) server all talking through the Obi110.  I have the routing working the way I want.  Everything is good except callerid number.  There are lots of comments about GV not supporting NAME.  That's not my problem.  Please don't tell me it's not supported.  I'm also not talking about outbound caller ID.  I'm only concerned about inbound at this point.

CallerID numbers are not showing up on the PIAF system when I dial in through the GV line.  It's possible I have something misconfigured in PIAF. I don't have callerID as a service on the POTS line, so I can't be sure if it's working at all.  It was years ago.  I'm also looking at the call log in the Obi110 and it sees the number in the log on the inbound side.  It just doesn't appear to be passing it to PIAF or PIAF is dropping it.

azrobert

This is how I do it:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10626.msg69940#msg69940

Look at the SP2 X_InboundCallRoute and the SP4 X_SpoofCallerID

BitBass

I appreciate the response, but it looks like you're referring to outbound callerid, which I specifically said I'm not talking about.  Sorry if I'm missing something from your response. 

I'm specifically looking for inbound callerid.  Right now, my phones connected to Asterisk are only displaying my trunk name (obihai) from Asterisk.  They don't show the callerid NUMBER I should be receiving from GV.  As I mentioned, the Obi110 is even picking up the callerid NUMBER in the Obi call log.  Somewhere between the Obi110 and the Asterisk system it's losing the NUMBER.

azrobert

I understood you correctly about inbound calls. I don't know how you are routing calls to/from Asterisk, so I gave you my complete setup. I route inbound calls to the IP address and port of Asterisk. When you enable X_SpoofCallerID, the CallerID will be sent to Asterisk instead of the AuthUserName.

How are you currently routing calls to Asterisk?

Assuming GV is defined on SP1 and an Asterisk extension is defined on SP2:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> InboundCallRoute:
sp2(900@192.168.1.100:5060)  (Asterisk IP address and port, 900 = extension#)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B  SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked

The above did not work on my OBi200. I was able to circumvent the problem. Since you have an OBi110,
I won't go into details.

The above worked on my OBi110, but the firmware is down leveled at build 2824.

BitBass

I'm sorry, I was under the impression from other things I read that that applied to outbound calls only.  I enabled the spoof on the B Profile and it worked!  Thanks for your help, and sorry for the misunderstanding.