News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 Port 2 has no dial tone

Started by bntran, December 02, 2015, 05:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bntran

I just got an OBi202, it worked fine on both Port1 and Port2 for a couple months.
Starting last week, I no longer get a dial tone on Port2. Port1 works fine.
The green light for Port2 is solid on. My analog phone works fine on Port1, but not on Port2.

The Status / PHONE Status  says that under OBi Expert Configuration says that:
LoopCurrent = 0 mA, VBAT = 0 V, TipRingVoltage = 0 V on Port2.

Any suggestions about how to get this to work?

Thanks!

SteveInWA

Quote from: bntran on December 02, 2015, 05:24:18 PM
My analog phone works fine on Port1, but not on Port2.

The Status / PHONE Status  says that under OBi Expert Configuration says that:
LoopCurrent = 0 mA, VBAT = 0 V, TipRingVoltage = 0 V on Port2.

Hmph, interesting.  Your statement about your analog phone could be interpreted a couple of ways -- you have a one-line phone that you moved from Phone1 to Phone 2 for testing purposes, or you have a two-line phone that just mysteriously stopped working on Phone line 2?

There are several ways to approach troubleshooting this, and I am sure somebody else will argue with me about it.  I can't recall a scenario that would result in zero volts displayed.  I tried disabling the physical interface for Phone 2 on my 202, but it still shows voltage.  Your unit sounds dead.  Did you change anything before this happened, for example, plugging in some other phone, or, gawd forbid, plugging the phone jack on the OBi into a live POTS line on wiring in your building?

What does the Phone 2 status say if you completely unplug the phone cords from both phone jacks on the OBi?  If it's still dead, try a factory reset (paper clip to the hole in the bottom of the OBi for at least 10 seconds while powered on).  If it's dead after that, with no cords plugged in, then open a warranty ticket with Obihai support.

http://www.obihai.com/request-support