News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help setting up call routes for OBi202

Started by jadog, November 25, 2015, 08:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadog

Understood. I'm currently on firmware v3.1.0 (Build: 4972), which I believe is the latest. What is the downside to just leaving it like it is? If outgoing GV calls are outside of the trunk group, it shouldn't be any big deal since SP4 was the last in the TG list anyway, right?

Also, if I want to route all outgoing calls to a specific phone number (for example: 1235551212) to Google Voice, what do I need to add to the OutboundCallRoute? I tried adding the following, but it still went through SP1 when I dialed it.

{(<1235551212>):sp4}

azrobert

You are correct, no downside.

Don't use the arrows in your rule. They add or remove digits from the dialed number. Just modify the rule I gave you:

{(<9:1>xxxxxxxxxx|1235551212|1235551313):sp4}

jadog

I must be doing something wrong. Here is my OutboundCallRoute:

{([19]900xxxxxxx):},{(<9:1>xxxxxxxxxx|2335659005):sp4} ,{(<2605659005>):sp4},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

However, when I dial 2335659005, it routes it to SP1.

Below is the call history:

From PH1    To SP1(12335659005) 

azrobert

My mistake, you need to include the country code:
{(<9:1>xxxxxxxxxx|12335659005):sp4}

When you dial 10 digits, rule "<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx" will add a "1" prefix, so you don't need a separate rule for 10 digits.

jadog

Sweeeet! It's working perfectly - all of it! Thank you so much for all your help. I finally have a phone system I love.

My next mission is to find a way to have my Amazon Fire TV (using Kodi) display phone calls and pause my video. But that's probably another forum :). Thanks again!!!

ianobi

jadog

ProfTech

To AZRobert; I see the OP got it working but I will just throw in a couple tidbits here. Trunk groups in the Obi are indeed "interesting". I won't go so far as to say they don't offer some extra capabilities but interesting none the less. I wanted to use a trunk group with my 110 as soon as I got it. I got it working the way I wanted but RonR sent me a different config that gave the same result. After analyzing what he sent I could see where some of the oddities were coming from. The default map setup in the 110 has adds/subtracts in the SP1/SP2 and Obitalk <ob>xxxxxxxxx, <1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx slots. When using a trunk group, the Obi can make multiple passes through the sp slot in it's algorithm to build the final dial string. So it can get confusing quickly.

Anyway, I find it more intuitive [easier to keep track of what is going on] to put all of my "paste-ups" [adds/subtracts] in the phone port digit map instead of the ITSP Profile [A/B] DigitMap. The only thing I put in the trunk digit map is the correct/actual map for that trunk. According to the docs, the final place the Obi looks to see if it can route a call when a trunk group is involved is the sp digit map anyway.

You can also put paste-ups in the outbound call route if needed but I haven't found a need for it.