News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

4th GV account does not "configure"

Started by ricardoRI, November 14, 2015, 08:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricardoRI

On OBi 1032, I am trying to configure a 4th GV account (SP4). First three working fine, have for years. This 4th account I have had for years, but not used by an OBi device.

Do setup, and get "Configuring" whirly ball for several minutes, then "Device not configured".

Have signed out of all accounts, rebooted, attempted reconfiguring dozens of times, verified 4th account functions correctly independent of OBi device, password correct, Google Chat turned on (turned off then on again), deleted cookies and browsing history, rebooted phone, deleted and re-attempted configuration, have most current OBi firmware, ... I've run out of ideas.

Anybody have any ideas why?

drgeoff

My first guess is that you are unaware that due to a policy change by Google, the original method of configuring GV on an OBi no longer works.

You must use the new procedure available on the Obitalk portal.

ricardoRI

I have been trying to setup on the OBi portal. After many failures, I tried to do it "the old way", also unsuccessful. I also set up two accounts in a new 1022 last week.

SteveInWA

Well then, there is something wrong with that fourth Google Voice account (it's not a OBi issue).

Have you tried to set up that account on any other OBi device?

Dixon

SteveInWA

Quote from: Dixon on November 28, 2015, 06:44:15 PM
I had the same problem on SP4. Was able to fix it thanks to Azrobert

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9983.msg66143#msg66143

There is no need to downgrade firmware.  That's not a valid solution.

Dixon

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 28, 2015, 06:47:56 PM
Quote from: Dixon on November 28, 2015, 06:44:15 PM
I had the same problem on SP4. Was able to fix it thanks to Azrobert

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9983.msg66143#msg66143

There is no need to downgrade firmware.  That's not a valid solution.

OIC.
I just went and tried the auto update. I haven't tried since that issue
Successfully upgraded  firmware to 3.0.1.4738.
All good.