News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

where to find Amazon.com lightening deal for Obi 200

Started by nmstough, November 30, 2015, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmstough

I have checked repeatedly for the Amazon.com lightening deal for the Obi 200 and nothing shows up (under upcoming).  Does anybody have a link, before this deal expires? 

gmercator

I had to keep refreshing the page http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BUV7C9A

and at exactly 6:30am PST the price changed to $29.99

I grabbed one and checked out

It is one to a customer so I cannot see the discount price any longer on that page

I spent quite some time searching for the deal on Amazon but it never appeared... so it is a secret deal...

Act very quickly if you want one before the door closes... it is 17% claimed only 14 minutes into the deal

Hope this helps

nmstough

It didn't work that way.  Because I'm not a "prime" member I couldn't get it for the first 30 minutes.  Then I had an appointment.  Came back and already 100% taken.  All gone.   >:(
What a deceptive practice from Obi.  Shame on them.

SteveInWA

Quote from: nmstough on November 30, 2015, 07:56:10 AM
It didn't work that way.  Because I'm not a "prime" member I couldn't get it for the first 30 minutes.  Then I had an appointment.  Came back and already 100% taken.  All gone.   >:(
What a deceptive practice from Obi.  Shame on them.

You're blaming Obihai because you're not an Amazon Prime member, and you had an appointment?

Amazon sets the rules for the Lightening Deals, not the vendors.

You could have bought one at Newegg all weekend for that price.

nmstough

Frankly yes.  I would expect them to offer a product that can be purchased by a reasonable person who has a normal life.  Not someone who can spend 100% of their time waiting for a button to become available to press.  Leaves a very bad taste in ones mouth...

LTN1

Quote from: nmstough on November 30, 2015, 10:19:21 AM
Frankly yes.  I would expect them to offer a product that can be purchased by a reasonable person who has a normal life.  Not someone who can spend 100% of their time waiting for a button to become available to press.  Leaves a very bad taste in ones mouth...

You did read that the OBi devices were on sale for the entire weekend right? As for the Lightening Deals by Amazon, it is done solely through Amazon and NOT Obihai.

You are f***ing retard to blame Obihai for something that was not in their control.

Taoman

Quote from: nmstough on November 30, 2015, 10:19:21 AM

So then, using your logic every time Amazon runs out of a product (or sells their quota for daily/lightening deals) it's the manufacturer's fault?  ???

nmstough

It is their fault.  Because they emailed their trusted customers about the deal saying it would be available from 6:30-10:30 PST.  If it was just Amazon selling something I wouldn't complain.  But Obi never mentioned that the first 30 minutes would be restricted to Amazon prime customers.  I was ready to buy and thought I had a comfortable 30 minutes to do so.  But no.  And then within an hour afterward all gone.  That's unfair.  And totally contrary to a 4 hour time window.  This should be pointed out to them for future reference - if they have any interest in decency toward their customers. 

Marketing

Sorry to hear that some were not able to get the Lightning Deal at Amazon.  We try to give everyone fair warning by putting this text in the deal description:
QuoteAnd remember, a Lightning Deal only lasts a few hours and could sell out very quickly. Keep your eye on the Amazon.com Today's Deals page so you don't miss out!

But, don't give up hope! There is a great alternative you can act on right now.

Newegg has the OBi200 on sale for the same price, with free shipping.

Click here:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833617008

SteveInWA

Quote from: nmstough on November 30, 2015, 12:53:39 PM
It is their fault.  Because they emailed their trusted customers about the deal saying it would be available from 6:30-10:30 PST.  If it was just Amazon selling something I wouldn't complain.  But Obi never mentioned that the first 30 minutes would be restricted to Amazon prime customers.  I was ready to buy and thought I had a comfortable 30 minutes to do so.  But no.  And then within an hour afterward all gone.  That's unfair.  And totally contrary to a 4 hour time window.  This should be pointed out to them for future reference - if they have any interest in decency toward their customers. 

Lavarock7

I just followed the link at approx 10pm Hawaiian (3am Eastern) and it shows $29.99 for me and I added one to the cart (but did not check out). I am a Prime member.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com