News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Obi202 setup with Anveo911 and Ring.To - Unable to proceed error

Started by BGood, November 26, 2015, 05:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGood

I am trying to setup and configure a new Obi202 which I would like to configure with two lines: 1) A home phone number I plan on porting from Comcast to Ring.To; and 2) an existing Google Voice number that already works with my cell phone.

Following the tutorials, I am trying to set up the Ring.To service provider first, but I cannot seem to get past the Anveo911/ObiTalk signup step in the following process.  Anyone see what am I doing wrong?

At the OBi Dashboard screen, my single Obi202 device is shown with SP1-SP4 'Not Configured'

I click the Obi202 and get a new page 'Device Configuration - OBi202'. In the 'Configure Voice Service Providers (SP)' section, everything is 'Not Configured'

I click the 'Service Provider Setup' button, select 'Ring.To', verify portability of my phone#, select the SP2 slot, and after clicking the 'Start E911 Setup' button, I get a continuous waiting indicator pending registration of the Anveo911 service

Next I get a new page 'Add E911 and low cost international calling for your OBI device!' and I click the 'CLICK TO GET STARTED' button at the bottom of the page

I am eventually taken to a page titled 'E911 and International Calling for Ring.To' with the following error message 'Unable to proceed. Make sure you initiate this service from OBITALK portal.'

I have tried this process from both Chrome and IE browsers without success.  Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks.

jnmarshall

Their site was having issues a couple of days ago which might have been fixed and you should try again.
Before wasting money at Anveo you should first go over to Ring.To and try to register and port your numbers over. This was at the advice of Ring.To support. They've been rolling out "improvements" to their site and much of it is broken. So much so that GrooveIP registration is currently disabled and porting was suspended. I wasted the $15 non-refundable on the Anveo 911 services a few weeks ago but was then unable to setup the Ring.To following the ObiTalk dashboard requirements. It's really not required. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10622.0 If you can successfully register and port your numbers with Ring.To you can easily setup you Obi202 manually. That's what I did. As google, Ring.To/Groove do not provide 911 services, the Anveo option can be used to fulfill that need but it's not required.

BGood

Interesting info, jnmarshall, thanks.  I had not heard that the $12 Anveo911 Obi plan is no more. I plan on trying the website again on Monday which is when the 'maintenance' is supposed to be finished.

BGood

Update: I was able to set up Anveo911 on SP2 this morning, but as jnmarshall indicated, the $12 Obi plan was not offerred.  My dashboard indicates that SP1 is provisioned for Ring.To but I was not able to complete the number porting process because it seems the server was not happy with my zip code????

I initiated a support ticket with Ring.To and will update as I make further progress.  This should not be that difficult.

Thanks.

rolandh

Quote from: jnmarshall on November 28, 2015, 07:05:04 PM
Their site was having issues a couple of days ago which might have been fixed and you should try again.
Before wasting money at Anveo you should first go over to Ring.To and try to register and port your numbers over. This was at the advice of Ring.To support. They've been rolling out "improvements" to their site and much of it is broken. So much so that GrooveIP registration is currently disabled and porting was suspended. I wasted the $15 non-refundable on the Anveo 911 services a few weeks ago but was then unable to setup the Ring.To following the ObiTalk dashboard requirements. It's really not required. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10622.0 If you can successfully register and port your numbers with Ring.To you can easily setup you Obi202 manually. That's what I did. As google, Ring.To/Groove do not provide 911 services, the Anveo option can be used to fulfill that need but it's not required.

GrooVe IP is 3rd party software published by SNRB Labs that can be used to access RingTo on an Android device. It has nothing, whatsoever, to do with accessing RingTo using an OBi. Perhaps, you're referring to the ability to use GrooVe IP to obtain a free RingTo number? It's true that RingTo is not accepting new account signups via GrooVe IP at this time but that has nothing to do with issues created by RingTo's recent website refresh. GrooVe IP continues to work just fine for accessing an existing RingTo account on an Android device.

It's also true that links from RingTo's ASP (authorized service provider) page on Obihai's website are broken as a result of RingTo's recent website refresh. RingTo needs to fix this. The workaround, for now, is to establish one's RingTo account using RingTo's website or mobile apps on Android or iOS, port one's number to RingTo then restore that RingTo account to one's OBi. I just deleted and restored one of my RingTo accounts to a spare OBi, quite successfully, within the last half hour. I initiated a port yesterday, which completed without incident today. New ports were suspended pending implementation of a new porting flow for one day roughly two weeks ago. The ability to port numbers into RingTo was restored on 11/18/15.

Anveo's E911 for RingTo is required to use RingTo on an OBi. It is not possible to provision RingTo on an OBi manually nor can it be done without Anveo E911 for RingTo being provisioned on the OBi first. Anveo E911 for RingTo is not required if one wishes to use RingTo only with GrooVe IP or RingTo's mobile apps for Android or iOS.

BGood

Update:  It has been 7 days since initiating the Comcast > RingTo port request through the RingTo website.  As advised, I gave up on attempting to initiate the port from the Obitalk portal.

On day 2, I received an email from RingTo stating "We just wanted to let you know that your number port has been approved and the process will begin on 12-07-2015 11:30 AM EST. You will receive a confirmation email once your phone number is fully activated in RingTo".

On day 7 (today), I received another email from RingTo stating "Congratulations, your personal number is now active on RingTo. Be sure to log in and configure your number for forwarding or customize your outgoing message."  Which I did.

Now, I am still getting dial tone through the Comcast modem, and can make but not receive calls on the ported number.  I assume that the next step is to configure SP1 on the OBI202 for RingTo service.  Given my recent experience with the broken integration between the Obitalk and RingTo websites, I am not sure whether to use Obitalk's automated configuration wizards or attempt to manually configure the SP1 port on the Obi202.  The configuration status is as follows:

[img src=Obi202Config.jpg][/img]

What are the next next steps to get the ported RingTo line working?  Thanks.

BGood

Follow-up...

From reading other posts in the forum, I surmised that I needed to: 1) delete RingTo provisioning from SP1; then 2) reassign RingTo provisioning on SP1.  After doing this, I can now initiate and receive calls on the Obi202.  The Obi202 configuration now appears as follows:

[img src=Obi202Config-2.jpg][/img]

The next steps for me will be to provision my Google Voice line on the Obi's Phone2 port.

Thanks for everyone's assistance in the process.