News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 200/Google Voice/Anveo

Started by Alyson61, November 30, 2017, 11:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyson61

I just upgraded my OBI100 to an OBI200 after 7 years of reliable service.  So far the conversion has gone fine. I have transferred my Google Voice and Anveo 911 services to my new OBI200.  Tested my 911 service with Anveo and all is well.  I am able to call out and receive calls.  I check my Google Voice account online and everything looks ok.  I checked my Anveo account and noticed it was also listing the calls I had made and received.  It was my impression that I was making my calls on Google Voice.  It is my understanding that unless I dialed **2 before the number I would be using Google Voice.  Google Voice is SP1 and Anveo is SP2 just like my old set up.  Anveo never listed calls made when I was using my OBI100.  Is this normal or do I need to change something.
PS:  I am not a tech type person

drgeoff

There are some ways to check.

1.  Ring another phone without the **1 prefix and see what Caller Number it shows.  Your GV number or your Anveo number?  The "another phone" could be your cellphone or a friend's phone.  If the latter, ask your friend what number you seem to be calling from.

2.  Your GV account should show the calls you think you are making using GV.  Does it?

Alyson61

I called my cell phone and it was my Google Voice number that came up.  I checked Google Voice History and all my calls are there.  I checked Anveo call history and it is no longer listing the calls I make.  I did not change anything, I guess it was just a fluke.  My maybe something when I transferred my 911 service to my new OBI200.  Hopefully I get to keep my old price the 911 service.