News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi 200 I cannot make outgoing call but was receiving incoming calls.

Started by playmaker88, December 03, 2015, 06:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playmaker88

I have checked everything that I can think of but have not been successful in fixing the phone. 

I have an Obi 200 device that I have been using with google voice for about 5 months without any problems.  Over the last 4 days, I cannot make any outgoing calls.  The phone rings and works fine on incoming calls. 

Setup: The obi is working through google voice using Att router with uverse internet service.

When I pick up the phone to dial, I receive a dial tone.  I begin dialing and it seems that the numbers are not registering to the phone line since there is no change in the dial tone.  When I complete the number there is a short click and dialtone continues but my number has been reset back to blank.

I have attempted to reboot the router.  I have unplugged the obi device.  My phone is connected directly to the obi device

I can dial out from within gmail using google voice and also through the google voice application.  I think this eliminates that it is google voice issue. 

I have deleted the Obi device as SP1 and reinstalled the device in the portal. All of the light are green and only the center light is flickering.  The portal shows the device as connected and is green.

Anyone have any ideas?

Update:  I have factory reset the obi device but I am unable to complete the set up again because I cannot dial a number in the initial setup.

SteveInWA

It seems that you have a bad telephone and/or telephone cord.  Replace them both and see what happens.

drgeoff

The phone is the most likely culprit.  If you can hear and be heard on incoming calls, that is a very strong indicator that the phone cord is OK.

If you have not already done so, try 'rebooting' the phone.  For a few tens of seconds disconnect the phone cord and, if applicable, any power feed to the phone.

playmaker88

Thank You.   It turned out to be the phone.  I will have to get a replacement.  I had tried new cord but it took a while for me to find a regular old school phone to test if it was the problem.  I only had cordless phones in the house.

My ordeal has not ended though.  I have been unable to get the obitalk portal to recognize and add the device again.  I am able to dial the *5 XXX and receive the automated response through the phone.  The portal still shows as trying to connect... I have reset the obi several times and tried at a different home/router.  Still no success.  I am now trying to configure it manually through direct access to ip address.  I am starting to think there is a issue with the obi device too.

playmaker88

Success!!  I was finally able to add the device.   Thanks for the help

I am at my third house and router and it finally worked.  Hopefully, there will be no problems when I return the obi to its original location.  I will be in the market for a new phone.