News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Needing addition instructions on setup?

Started by tallassee, December 05, 2015, 08:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tallassee

I have OBi200 and have followed the setup guild to the letter. Network light is solid green and I am able to preform a echo test call. Problem is when I go to add the device to my new OBiTalk account it tells me that the number it gave me to call has been sent to the server, repeats about three times and then times out and hangs up. I have tried using the self help guild and made sure the firmware was updated. In addition to this I changed the DNS to 4.2.2.2 and reserved the IP on the router so I could setup a DMZ for it. I know it should have a free and clear route to the server. I am using a TPlink ac1750 router with Centurylink as my internet provider. Any help would be much appreciated.

SteveInWA

Is it safe to assume that this is a brand new, factory-sealed unit you purchased from an authorized seller, or is it used?  If it's used, it's possible that it is still assigned to the OBiTALK account of some other user.

This is going to sound nuts, but sometimes the OBiTALK system has problems over the weekends.  Given that your device can call the 222 222 222 echo test number, it's probably fine.  I'd suggest enjoying the rest of your weekend, then power-cycle everything on Monday and try again.

RedCell

I'm having the same issue... ports are forwarded, echo test is working properly. Just can't get the website to recognize my Obi during set up.

SteveInWA

There is no need for port forwarding, DMZ or other tweaks to your network, to connect an OBi device.  A "plain vanilla" router configuration, with no unusual or non-standard firewall rules applied, should allow your device to connect.  In particular, don't use OpenDNS -- instead, use the Google DNS servers at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

RedCell

Nah, I got it. Used IE instead of Chrome... I'm assuming it's either a chrome issue or a chrome plugin issue. Didn't take the time to go down the chrome plugins to figure it out. I had disabled the ad-blocker in Chrome though and it did nothing.