News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202/google voice does not ring in but can call out.

Started by Vorg, December 06, 2015, 04:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vorg

been trying to set this up a little at time. Got the Obi setup with google voice, or at least I thought I did. Today I was looking at the GV page and there had been 5 incoming calls (scammers, wrong numbers, etc. looks like since I haven't given the number out). I did some testing and I can call out, but the phone does not ring when I try to call it. It forwards ok when that is turned on.

Search sent me to this: http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/sg/inc But it is talking about gmail accounts and I have never setup a gmail acount that I know of. On the GVoice settings page it has google chat with my email address used for google account right below (I assume that is what it should show) and the box is checked. Also have the land line I used during setup and it is unchecked. checking it just makes that phone ring.

I looked through this thread: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10599.0 and I think it is all set correctly. I would prefer not to do any device/account resets and have to go through setting up what I already got. Right now GV is the only provider and it is set for SP1 for both phone lines incoming and outgoing. I also tried the phone on a house phone jack and it rings fine.

SteveInWA

You need either a Gmail account, or a Google Apps domain account.

Vorg

Just what I didn't need or want, more complication and another email account :(

Quote...@vorgon.com will become an alternate email address on this account, and you'll still be able to sign in with it.

Going to try and set this up, but in case I don't see an option after setting it up, do you know of a way to put my main email back to the primary email address for the account?

Vorgus

Well, that screwed everything up real good. setup the gmail which changed the primary id for google which screwed up this site and my obi. When I log in now with google id, it is back to asking to register a device. It lost the settings and can't connect because now it is set to the other account. And I couldn't get into the forums here. How do I put this all back?? >:(

SteveInWA

When you first tried to use the OBiTALK portal, did you create your own user ID and password, or did you use the "sign in with Google" option?

Depending on which option you used, you need to sign out of the OBiTALK portal with your new ID, and sign back in with the old ID. Then, find your OBi device on the dashboard, and delete it completely (click the trash can icon).  Sign out.  Now, sign in with your new ID (the new Google/Gmail account you created).  Now, you can add the OBi device and set it up.

Here are my detailed instructions:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Vorgus

I logged in with google. I don't know how to get back in ether the dash board or here with that ID because it seems to be gone. I don't know what OBi got from google to create the account that was here. I should be able to just change google settings back so it worked as before. It shouldn't have screwed everything up just adding there email which I have no use for other then to get this stupid device to work. The google page even lost my avatar

SteveInWA

Return your OBi device back to the place of purchase, and find some other way to make phone calls.