News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to silence the ringer?

Started by jojo5, December 08, 2015, 07:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo5

Hello,
       I'm using Obi200 with two GV accounts. The phone is directly connected to the Obi device.

I want to silence the ringer for GV1 (so, I still get the incoming call on the phone - flashing light, and I can pick up the phone and answer it if I see it, but I just don't want it to ring). Basically, set ring volume to 0.

GV2 should ring as normal

Is this possible? If so, how do I do this?
Thanks!

Edit: I did look at obi expert settings, and see the X_RingProfile / X_DefaultRing in voice servies, (and ringpattern in ring settings), but not sure what to change there

azrobert

Ring Settings -> Ring Profile A -> Ring Pattern 10
RingPattern: 60;(0+4)

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_DefaultRing: 10

0+4 = ring for zero seconds + silence for 4 seconds
Repeat for 60 seconds

jojo5

Thank you! I'll try it out asap.

I had the initial setting of 60;(.25+9.75), and Ring Pattern 1 (just for future reference) :)

jojo5

Quote from: azrobert on December 08, 2015, 07:39:12 AM
Ring Settings -> Ring Profile A -> Ring Pattern 10
RingPattern: 60;(0+4)

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_DefaultRing: 10

0+4 = ring for zero seconds + silence for 4 seconds
Repeat for 60 seconds

This worked - ringer is silenced. For some reason, it is taking about 3-4 seconds before the phone starts to ring. I have hangouts on my PC, and before I made the change, the phone and hangouts would ring at exactly the same time. Now, it takes about 3-4 seconds after hangouts starts ringing, before the phone (on obi) starts ringing.

Any way to get them to ring at the same time?

azrobert

I don't know why it would cause a delay.
You could try a very short single ring: 60;(.1+60)

You can string 2 patterns together. Probably won't make a difference.
60;.1(0+.1);60(0+4)