News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2.5 hours and Obi200 still won't work

Started by shadow9d9, December 10, 2015, 08:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow9d9

I've tried everything from using the phone to update the firmware to updating it manually.  I've tried downgrading to build 4822 as well.

The online system keeps saying "Firmware upgrade needed.
Cannot upgrade XXXXXX since it is offline. Please try again when it is online."I've tried a factory reset. The echo test works.

It will not allow me to configure google voice at all, as it keeps showing this message.  I've tried deleting the voice on the obi dash.  Now, it won't even allow me to add it again.  Now it just keeps giving me new numbers to dial.  It registers with the system and then a new number poops up.  Endless loop- "Add an OBi Device
 • Please pick up the telephone handset, and dial **5 5696
 • You may hang-up when you hear the automated response.
Trying to connect to your device... (Timeout in 120 seconds)"

It also keeps reiterating that it needs to update the firmware.

No one picks up on the technical support line.  It just goes in an endless loop, without even saying your hours of operation.  

What else am I supposed to try?

drgeoff

Is there any way that your internet connection differs from a typical user with a cable or DSL modem/router and the OBi wired directly into it?

LTN1

Quote from: shadow9d9 on December 10, 2015, 08:38:52 AM

No one picks up on the technical support line.  It just goes in an endless loop, without even saying your hours of operation.  

What else am I supposed to try?

Most of Obihai support is via e-mail. If you call their phone number, it is likely that you will need to leave a voicemail and hopefully they'll call you back within 24 hours.

Can't wait? What do you expect when you buy a product for $50 or less? It is an unfortunate fact of lower end devices--they can't give premium support.

But during the mean time, if you would like forum volunteers to assist, take some snapshots of what is showing on your computer (as many snapshots as you can) and attach it to this thread in your response and perhaps with a visual, some of the expert volunteers here can assist.

TheAspens

So I am experiencing the same/similar issue.  Here is the sequence that I go through:

1) Restart Obihai202
2) Loginto the obitalk portal
3) Click on my device
4) It will tell me that it needs to reconnect
5) Go through the connection process
6) It tells me that it is connected by my device has older firmware
7) If I leave the device and logout of obihaitalk for awhile and log back in, then I start again at #2 it will reliably repeat

I have used ***6 to force a check of the firmware and the device reports that it is up to date.
I used the web interface to download the "latest" firmware from http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0 (using http://fw.obihai.com/OBi2-latest.fw).  Turns out that is a 3.0 firmware version so it was actually a downgrade.  Fortunately the device checked for an update quickly and brought itself back up to the current 3.1 revision.

Once in awhile I am able to try to connect to Google Voice.  However, I get the "device needs upgrade" message as well.

As a result, I'm thinking something is off (or they are about to release a firmware update).  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I've not yet opened a support ticket, but I am going to do so now.

ABogdan

I'm having the exact same problem. I won't spend any more time messing with it on my own. Looks like we will need to go through support to get it working.

TheAspens

After opening a ticket and reporting the issue here, all is now working correctly and I'm hooked up to google voice.  I'm guessing they were working the issue.  I would recommend trying again.

Actually, I got a quick note back from support that they did something to complete the firmware update.  As a result I have now been able to get google voice set up and working.

Response time from support via the contact us form was about 10 minutes!  Pretty darn fast!  Thanks Obi!

shadow9d9

Mine took 5 hours to respond to, but it seems like they fixed the issue.  Thanks!