News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial tone issues xlink bttn

Started by Brandon123, December 14, 2015, 11:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon123

Hoping somebody has an idea how I can solve this issue.  I have an Obi100 using Google Voice & xlink bttn gateway.

The obi phone line is connected to the bttn landline and a cellphone is hooked via bluetooth to the bttn as my backup.

The issue I am having is when the internet goes down (frequently) the obi still makes a dial tone and the bttn thinks it is working.  As a result, all calls get routed to the obi and I get a busy signal once I try to dial and nobody can make outbound calls (unless they force the call to the bt phone).

Is there a way to make the obi turn off the dial tone if no internet connection is available? Trying to avoid having to manually enter a number then {flash} to put the bttn in the right mode. Thanks!

drgeoff

I think there is no way to do that on the OBi. It will give dial tone even with the ethernet cable unplugged.

Maybe something like a RaspberryPi which periodically pings a WAN server and on failure removes power to the OBi.