News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Mutiple Obi Devices possible?

Started by deinck, December 18, 2015, 08:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deinck

Hello -
I already have an older Obi100 that I've used & been very happy with for years that is configured to use my Google Voice acct..  I'm now wanting to move up & purchase the Obi1022.  What I would like to do is to still use the old 100 in another part of the house to tie into a bunch of Dect6 wi-fi phones.  What will happen if I keep the 100 config'd as-is & plug the new 1022 in on my home LAN?  Can both still utilize the one gVoice acct??

azrobert

Outbound calls will work on both devices, but inbound will only ring the 1022. You can fix this problem by routing inbound calls from the 1022 to the 100 using the OBiTalk network.

OBi1022
Assuming GV is defined on SP1:
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph,pp(200xxxxxx)

Change 200xxxxxx to the OBi number of the OBi100

OBi100
Make sure the OBiTalk inbound route is a default
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph

Make the above changes using OBi Expert

deinck

ok great- really appreciate the answer!  Will give it a go  :D
But when you say to make changes with the 'OBi Expert'...where do I access that again as its been a while.

azrobert

This is a general OBi Expert guide:
From the OBiTalk dashboard click Edit Profile on the left column.
At the bottom of the page check "Enable OBi Expert..."
Click Submit Query.
Now you can go directly to OBi Expert from the dashboard.
If you don't enable the OBi Expert button, you need 4 clicks to get to OBi Expert like this:
Click on the gear ICON, select OBi Expert, confirm and select OBi Expert again.   

Click OBi Dashboard.
On the right of your OBixxx is an icon with a red E.
Click on it to enter OBi Expert.

To navigate click on the titles with the +
Then click on a sub-title
An example click on Service Providers
Then click ITSP Profile A General
There are 2 boxes to the right of each parameter
To change a value uncheck the box under OBiTalk Setting
Then uncheck the box under Device Default
Now change the value
After you have made all the necessary changes for that page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi and reboot it.
Wait until this process is complete before continuing to the next page.

deinck

deinck

Oh, one more quick question...would the 'Link Devices' option do anything for me regarding this at all?  The option detailed above certainly sounds to probably be the best fit, but just curious...probably for two very different reasons eh?

SteveInWA

The "link devices" feature of the OBiTALK portal is only supported on OBi 20x and 10x2 devices, not 1x0 devices.

It's used to create extension numbers for each OBI device, allowing you to transfer in-progress calls from one device to another, regardless of the location of the devices.

deinck