News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 Obi 202 Issue's (help needed) (configuration of device)

Started by transam98, December 17, 2015, 08:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTN1

Quote from: transam98 on December 21, 2015, 08:19:20 AM
my appologies, It got clipped as the "video" wasnt long enough to match the video...

here:
https://youtu.be/m8DGxHruBOU

That doesn't sound like the typical stutter tone (it usually stutters more than that) to indicate voicemail. Try what drgeoff suggested and see how it works.

SteveInWA

Yah, that is not a normal stutter tone.  I'd try a different telephone or swap which line on the phone is plugged into which line on the OBi, as drgeoff suggested.

Tell us that you aren't jerking our chains and that you didn't mess with the "Tone settings" section of your OBi's configuration.  They should be left at the default as far as troubleshooting this issue.

transam98

Just got back home ill try what I think it was LTN suggested im also gunna try and SWAP SP1 and SP2 (Put the SP2 GV # into #SP1 and visa versa and will report :)... nope havent messed with ANYTHING after I did the hard button reset in BOTH obi's before I put em into service....

transam98

ok TWO tests completed :).... here are the results...

When I SWAPPED SP1 and SP2... the PROBLEM stayed on my Telephone set on L2 (Reminder... im using JACK #1 on the obi202) (inner two leads SP1 and outter two leads SP2.)

(so I put stuff back to the old way.

Test 2... earlier posted said to PLUG a phone into JACK#2 on the obi and.... !!!!NO STUTTER!!!!!
so then I called out on that line... (to see what the caller ID was... it indeed was SP2).

so in conclusion... for somereason when I have SP2 routed to the outter TWO leads of JACK 1 on the obi there is a super small momentary stutter on "L2" of the 2 line phone.... now as to WHY.... ive got no idea only the tech gods would know ;( haha

drgeoff

The outer 2 pins on the PHONE1 jack and the inner 2 pins on the PHONE2 jack are metallically connected inside the OBi.  Nothing can make different tones come from them.  Whatever is causing the blip is inside your phone.

SteveInWA

So, it's the two-line telephone's fault, like drgeoff said.

Either ignore it and get on with your life, or get a new telephone.  I am sure that these guys would be glad to take your old phone:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZDngpTmpzQ

transam98

cant be the phone cause now when wired the new way the "blip" is gone.

If pins 1-2-3-4 (technically pic 1-3 and 2-4 of JACK 1 on the OBI were soldered together then when I pickup (either / or) L1 or L2 on my deskphone then the opposite indicator would also show LINE is in use

Plus if they were wired together then  two people could not make calls out at the same time on each line.

SteveInWA

Quote from: transam98 on December 21, 2015, 02:53:15 PM
cant be the phone cause now when wired the new way the "blip" is gone.

If pins 1-2-3-4 (technically pic 1-3 and 2-4 of JACK 1 on the OBI were soldered together then when I pickup (either / or) L1 or L2 on my deskphone then the opposite indicator would also show LINE is in use

Plus if they were wired together then  two people could not make calls out at the same time on each line.

No.

The first jack on the OBi is wired as RJ-14:  the center two pins are telephone line one, and the outer two pins are telephone line two.  The second jack is wired as RJ-11:  the center two pins are telephone line two.  Those two pins are hardwired to the outer two pins on the first jack.

Now, please, enough.

LTN1

I agree with Steve. This issue is a non-Google Voice and non-OBi issue. The issue is with the 2-line phone. Use separate RJ-11 lines--one for each of the phone ports to the OBi phone ports.

I'm often amazed at the patience of Steve, AZRoberts, drgeoff and others--providing support to many issues that wind up having no connections to GV or the OBi.