News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

new obi 200 setup with netgear r7000

Started by mrkk, December 23, 2015, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrkk

obi device connected to router and shows solid green lights

phone if i try ***1 i get 192.168.1.114

i can login to that interface - obitalk service status says "backing off"

if i call **9 222 222 222 I get no service available message

device shows offline on obitalk.com

cannot connect to google voice from there

when i added it it said
Firmware upgrade needed.
Cannot upgrade xxx since it is offline. Please try again when it is online.
if i dial ***6 on phone, i hear - firmware upgrade not needed

what next? please help??

SteveInWA

"new":  is this a brand new device, which you just purchased from an authorized retailer, like Amazon, Newegg or Fry's?  Or is it used or purchased from eBay, Craigslist, etc?

If new, open a ticket with Obihai:  http://www.obihai.com/supportTicketFormA

mrkk

yes its a new device from newegg

i was hoping to find someone with same router as me and help me

support personnel will simply show me guides that i already read

;D

SteveInWA

It has nothing to do with your router.  You've got a modern router that should simply work.  IF you haven't upgraded the router's firmware to their latest level, then do that now.

You provided very little information.  Have you altered any settings at all on the OBi?

Look at the back of the OBi.  Make sure you have connected the Ethernet cable to the WAN port, not the LAN port.  By default, I don't think you can access the OBi's local web page via the WAN port, unless you changed a setting first, so something is fishy here.

Factory reset it:  find the reset button, which is under a small bump with a hole in it, on the bottom of the device.  Using a paper clip, gently press the button until you feel a click, and hold it for at least 10 seconds, until the power LED flashes.  Give it a few minutes to cycle through the reset.  Try your call again.

Seriously:  if it doesn't work, open a ticket.