News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One-way audio problems with Anveo Direct - NO NAT involved

Started by Zopa, December 25, 2015, 11:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zopa

Hello, and Merry Christmas to anyone who celebrates it!

I'm using Obi202 with it's WAN interface on a public internet with a dedicated static IP. I have no NAT in play whatsoever.

I setup Anveo Direct and it's working fine with the exception of one way audio with certain routes. Specifically, if I disable routes to IDT (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum) as well as TATA Communication, I can connect to specific international destinations. However with those specific providers, I get one way audio.

I tried to contact Anveo for help, but their response is that it's my equipment problem and not theirs.

"Anveo Direct service does not proxy Audio through our servers and you exchange RTP directly with the underlying carrier which handles the call. As such all audio related issues need to be investigated on your server."

An even better response followed:

"I checked your calls and I see that you are using OBI 202 with Anveo direct. However, OBI ATA devices are consumer grade equipment and not desgned for the wholesale service.

If you wish to use OBI devices then consider using Anveo Retail service which has support for ATA devices

Unfortunately we can not assist you any further with using OBI ATA with our wholesale service"

So barring Anveo improving their support stance, I'm a bit SOL. Any suggestions are appreciated. I can pull SIP traces from Anveo CDR logs and I have a SysLog debug enabled on my Obi202. Getting a network trace would be a bit of a challenge in my setup however.

I appreciate any help with this.