News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Forwarding Using Obi 1022 Telephone and Google Voice

Started by Howler, December 27, 2015, 11:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howler

I have two Google Voice accounts and only one cell phone.  I have one GV account set to forward to my cell phone.  But, GV does not allow the use of the same forwarding number on more than one account.

I saw a review stating that the Obi phones can perform call forwarding functions with GV.  I have the Obi 1022, and I thought I set up the call forward feature correctly using the display on the telephone.  However, when I have call forwarding turned on, calls from my GV account that does not have a forwarding number set up online, do not get forwarded.  When the call forwarding feature on the phone is turned on, the phone does not ring for any incoming calls.

Does anyone know how to get the call forwarding on the Obi 1022 phone to work with Google Voice?

Also, can the phone be programmed to just forward calls from one of the services (like SP3, but not SP1)?

azrobert

GV allows forwarding Home phones in 2 different accounts. In your GV account change the phone type from Mobile to Home. Now you should be able to add your number to a 2nd GV account.

Howler

Quote from: azrobert on December 27, 2015, 02:33:03 PM
GV allows forwarding Home phones in 2 different accounts. In your GV account change the phone type from Mobile to Home. Now you should be able to add your number to a 2nd GV account.

Thanks for the tip!  The only downside would be not receiving forwarded texts and VM text alerts by switching to the Home phone setting.  However, I may not need the forwarding if have the Google Voice app installed on my cell phone.  I will give it a try.

azrobert

There are a couple other ways to do this. Just change the inbound route to bridge the call to your cell.

Voice Services -> SPn Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph,spx(Your_Cell#)

SPn is the trunk you want to call forward
spx is the trunk you want to use to call your cell
spn and spx can be the same trunk
If they are the same, you should increase max sessions
Voice Services -> SPn Service -> MaxSessions: 4

Using this method you will see your provider's callerid on your cell, not the inbound callerid.

OR

Install a softphone on your cell. I use CSipSimple for my Android. Zoiper is a free softphone for an iPhone.
Get a free SIP account like Callcentric's IP Freedom account and register the softphone to your account.

On your OBi:
Voice Services -> SPn Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph,spx(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric;ui=$1)

spx is a trunk defined as SIP
If you don't have a SIP trunk, you will have to define a dummy trunk
Now you will see the original inbound callerid on your cell

Use OBi Expert to make all the OBi configuration changes

Howler

Quote from: azrobert on January 02, 2016, 08:55:09 PM
There are a couple other ways to do this. Just change the inbound route to bridge the call to your cell.

Voice Services -> SPn Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph,spx(Your_Cell#)

SPn is the trunk you want to call forward
spx is the trunk you want to use to call your cell
spn and spx can be the same trunk
If they are the same, you should increase max sessions
Voice Services -> SPn Service -> MaxSessions: 4

Using this method you will see your provider's callerid on your cell, not the inbound callerid.

OR

Install a softphone on your cell. I use CSipSimple for my Android. Zoiper is a free softphone for an iPhone.
Get a free SIP account like Callcentric's IP Freedom account and register the softphone to your account.

On your OBi:
Voice Services -> SPn Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph,spx(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric;ui=$1)

spx is a trunk defined as SIP
If you don't have a SIP trunk, you will have to define a dummy trunk
Now you will see the original inbound callerid on your cell

Use OBi Expert to make all the OBi configuration changes

I did not think about the possibility of getting a free softphone app from another provider.  That's a good suggestion and might be the best way to go.  My cell phone is an Android.  Thank you for your help.