News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

call dropping after a few hours

Started by markayash, December 10, 2015, 07:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markayash

I have been on several long webex calls lately ( wonderful life of IT ) and have notice that every 2 or 3 hours it will drop. I am usually muted or the call is quiet but nobody else had this issue..It has also happened on different bridges on different days usually in the early am hours so not a bandwidth issue.
Is there any setting or feature I need to check or change?

SteveInWA

You didn't mention which telephone service provider you are using.

Typically, internet telephone service providers will drop calls after two or three hours, as a way to ensure that their resources aren't being tied up by a call that just got left off-hook or failed to be terminated.  This also protects their users from accidentally being billed for long distance charges on calls that failed to end.  Just dial back in again.  There is no setting on your OBi device to control this, although some service providers have an account setting to adjust the maximum allowed call time.

markayash

Interesting, at least now I know why :)
Thanks!

Ansextra

I am also on calls for work constantly.  I use Voipo as a service provider and my calls drop at exactly 3 hours.  Even if it's my bridge or Webex I just dial back in.

Buddyp

you may be able to change the timeout, check the settings page for your VOIP provider. I use callcentric and you can configure the timeout from their dashboard to be up to 8 hours (the default was much lower). before I found this setting I was dropped from con calls a couple of times and it was always when something important was being said, or when I was talking :)