News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Precedence of ITSP Digit Map vs. PHONE port Outbound Call Route?

Started by A_Friend, January 01, 2016, 09:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_Friend

Had the hardest time tracking this down and still having the hardest time understanding why it was doing this.

In my Outbound Call Route, I had two recipes:

{(01144345xx.):sp4},{(011xx.):sp2}

but the first one wasn't ever getting executed and I couldn't figure out why.

The PHONE ports specified sp1 as the primary route and in ITSP A (the provider for sp1), I had left this in the digit map:

...|<**2>011xx.|...

I had figured that the Outbound Call Route was controlling where the call was being routed, so I hadn't bothered looking in the Digit Map for anything other than sp2 (ITSP B) and sp4 (ITSP C).

Why was the digit map for sp1 being looked at first by the Obi202 on these calls, and why did it take precedence over the Outbound Call Route? 

Once that was deleted, everything works as expected.

azrobert

There is basically 2 different methods to route calls without dialing an **n prefix. You were mixing the 2 methods.

This is how the OBi works:
Routing an outbound call is a 2 step process.
The Phone Port DigitMap validates the dialed number.
Rule (Mpli) will include the rules in primary line's DigitMap.
If the dialed number doesn't match a rule, you will receive a fast busy.
If the dialed number matches a rule in the DigitMap the phone port outbound call route will route the call to the primary line using rule {(Mpli):pli}

When you include <**2>011xx. in the primary line's (SP1) DigitMap, the phone port DigitMap will prepend **2 to the dialed number because (Mpli) points to the ITSP A DigitMap.

The OutboundCallRoute will see the number as **2011xxxxxxx  and rule {(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2} will route the call to SP2 and ignore the 2 rules you added.

A_Friend

So, that's what I was missing.  I never did understand what the Mpli business in the PHONE port's digit map did.  Now I know.  Thank you very much.