News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dialing within a call - the bank, GV, anwering system, voicemail, etc.

Started by PWTm105, January 15, 2016, 08:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PWTm105

I've set up two GV numbers without problem.  Both numbers were set up with GV call screening on from before I got the phone.  I like that functionality and want to keep it for when I pick up calls on my cell phone.   

Problem:   When I answer on the OBI and the GV attendant asks me to press "1" to accept the call, the key is not recognized. I've also noticed this problem when I try to use the number/#/* keys to call thge bank, my home answering system, etc. 

Either the phone needs to be set to allow this capability or the tone frequency or length on key stroke needs adjustment...or I don't know.

What is the anwer?

Thanks!

Pat

SteveInWA

Hi Pat:

Log into your OBiTALK portal account and click your OBi device on the list.  Click the links to get into Expert Mode.

Assuming your Google Voice account is set as Service Provider #1 (SP1), click on Service Providers, then ITSP Profile A General.  Find the "DTMF method" setting.  Clear the two check-marks to the right of the setting, so that you can manually edit it.  Change the setting to "InBand", and then submit your change.

In my screenshot below, GV is configured on SP4, so I edited Profile D.  Pick your SP and edit accordingly.