News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Old customer - new T&Cs?

Started by joeobione, January 17, 2016, 12:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeobione

I just realized our GV numbers weren't working on our POT and I went to check out why. It's saying to "This OBi device's annual support entitlement has expired." which is funny since these things are at least 5 years old I thought any support was long gone by now. However, it's saying I need to pay $10 a year for support to enable new special features to work with GV. Wha, what? ???

Sure it's only $10 per device (I have two) per year, but the reason I purchased these in the first place was with the idea of costing $0 per year.

I guess I can understand they'd need to get some ongoing cash flow. I'm sure the margins on a $50 product only can go so far. But the way this was, or wasn't, presented kinda stings.

Are their other options than now having to pay for this "Free" phone service I purchased? What are others doing?

dircom

Key words "support has expired", kind of like windows xp support has expired, but your old computer still works

READ THE FORUMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but it's funny, my GV numbers don't work on my POT or my PAN either
although they do work on my obi  ;)

Taoman

Quote from: joeobione on January 17, 2016, 12:13:01 PM
Are their other options than now having to pay for this "Free" phone service I purchased? What are others doing?

Yes. Download and update the firmware on your OBi(s) manually. If you would have mentioned what version of OBi you had I would have given you the URL to download the firmware. Since you didn't I guess you'll just have to read the forums like everyone else.  ;)

Rod150

Taoman,

I have the same issue.
I have an Obi100 that needs the firmware upgrade.
What would you need to direct me to the manual firmware download?

OBi No.          300 324 018
MAC Address      9cadef10d320
Serial No.          88C01NAZZUAP

Thanks

Taoman

Download the software from the link listed in this post:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8482.msg56152#msg56152

Then manually install the firmware via the local web interface on your OBi.