News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Conflict with OBi * codes and Phone Power * codes

Started by cracker, January 18, 2016, 07:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cracker

I was testing a new install of an OBi200 w/ Phone Power as the voip provider.  No problems until I tried to use *72 for call forwarding.  Apparently there is a conflict between the star codes on the OBi and the * codes on Phone Power.  Phone Power suggested I use the OBi expert configurtion tool and disable the OBi *72 and *73 codes.

Are there any downsides to changing the OBi configuration in this manner?

Thanks

azrobert

You just have to add these star codes to a digit map. The digit map has priority, so you don't have to disable the OBi star codes.

Assuming Phone Power is defined on SP1 and SP1 is your Primary Line, make the following change:

Service Provides -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap
Add the following AFTER the beginning parenthesis:
*72|*73|

Use OBi Expert to make the above change.

cracker

I followed your suggestion but it had no effect on operation.  Call forwarding did not happen.
My procedure, please confirm that it is correct:  I used the expert tool to display the ITSP Profile A General and removed the check mark in the digit map obitalk box by clicking on it, that forced a check mark in the device default box which was removed by clicking on it,  I could then modified the contents by inserting *72|*73| after the starting parenthesis and submitted the changes.  There was a red exclamation point at the end of the parameter after I had made the modification.  The red exclamation point was still there after I had changed the digit string back to its original form.

I also tried the modification suggested by Phone Power --  inserting an asterisk in front of the existing asterisk on the *72 and *73 star code strings in both Star Code Profile A and Star Code Profile B.  That mod did not work either.

Taoman

Quote from: cracker on January 19, 2016, 04:18:43 PM
I followed your suggestion but it had no effect on operation.  Call forwarding did not happen.

I just tried it and it worked perfectly. Sounds like you made the edit to the digit map correctly.

Can you describe exactly the dialing sequence you are using to forward the number on PP?

Also, please confirm PhonePower is configured on SP1 and that it really is the PrimaryLine listed under Physical Interfaces>Phone Port 1>Phone Port

cracker

Phone Power is registered on SP1 and the Primary Line on Phone Port 1 is "SP1 Service"

To try to call forward I dial *72nnnnnnnnnn#.  To clear call forwarding I dial *73#.

Taoman

Quote from: cracker on January 19, 2016, 05:43:43 PM
Phone Power is registered on SP1 and the Primary Line on Phone Port 1 is "SP1 Service"

To try to call forward I dial *72nnnnnnnnnn#.  To clear call forwarding I dial *73#.

Hmm. That is exactly what I'm doing and it works fine. What happens when you try this? Do you hear an error message of any kind?

cracker

No messages.  When I do *72...  I get 1 or 2 low pitched beeps and then a higher frequency beep.  When I do *73... I get a busy signal.

cracker

When I modify the digit map, neither the device default box or the OBiTalk box is checked.  Is that correct?

Taoman

Quote from: cracker on January 19, 2016, 05:55:35 PM
No messages.  When I do *72...  I get 1 or 2 low pitched beeps and then a higher frequency beep.  When I do *73... I get a busy signal.

But you are sending the entire string (*72nnnnnnnnnn#) all at once, right?

Correct, both boxes should be unchecked.

Just for fun replace the string you added to your digit map with the following which includes checking voicemail:

*21|*72|*73|

cracker

I don't send the string, using a touch tone phone I just dial the numbers.
I'll try adding *21.  (*21 does work now to access vm)

Taoman

Quote from: cracker on January 19, 2016, 06:15:01 PM
I don't send the string, using a touch tone phone I just dial the numbers.
I'll try adding *21.  (*21 does work now to access vm)

Should be working if checking voicemail is working. I just tried it the way you are doing it by dialing one digit at a time rather than sending the string. Worked fine. After I hit the "#" I hear a quick stutter-tone and a couple tones and my forwarding phone starts ringing.

I can then login to the PP web portal and check forwarding and all my inbound calls are being forwarded to the number I entered following *72.

cracker

Sounds like what I hear but then cf doesn't work.  A couple of times when I've had the forward to phone ring when I finished the cf sequence.  Another time I got distracted and did not hang up and the forward to phone was actually ringing and could be answered.  It was like I had not dialed the *72.

I did add *21 and the first time it did not work.  I then tried to cf again but used a faster entry rate and it worked.  After I finished entering the call forwarding number and the #, I heard the normal beep beep tones that one usually hears when you call forward a land line.   I think working/not working may be a function of dialing speed.  

In my regular setup (and not with this cheap test handset I am using) I would have call forwarding in the phone directory and dialing would be very quick.  

Now I have to rearrange my phones and try this again.  It may be I do not have to change the digit map at all, just dial faster.

Isn't technology fun!

azrobert

Does Phone Power expect to first receive only *72 and then the forwarding number separately or both together? If it's the later try this:
*21|*72xxxxxxxxxx|*73|

cracker

Thanks.  I'll check on that but it won't be 'til tomorrow.

cracker

After getting set up to do some more testing I find that PhonePower went ahead and disconnected my number.  I can't do any further testing. 

I know voip.ms / OBi100 will do what I need to do so I'll stick with that arrangement.  It is just a bit more expensive.