News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Pulling my Hair out 2 simple questions Please help !!

Started by sonup, January 25, 2016, 11:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonup

i am searching everywhere for the answers but probably not looking at right place:(

I have google voice with Obi200 working great (just set up few days ago)

questions :

1. Can i have my GV calls go to another phone # instead of obi200 if my network is down or power outage?

2. also if network is down i don't want to hear a dial tone when i pick up phone connected to obi200. right now if network is down and i pick up the phone i get a dial tone and then when i try to dial it tells me no connection.

I had vonage before this where it gave me option to have my calls go to another number if vonage box is not reachable also there will be no dial tone if network was down.

Thanks,
sonu

restamp

Quote from: sonup on January 25, 2016, 11:31:43 AM2. also if network is down i don't want to hear a dial tone when i pick up phone connected to obi200. right now if network is down and i pick up the phone i get a dial tone and then when i try to dial it tells me no connection.
Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port -> ToneOnPrimaryServiceDown -> No Tone

sonup

Quote from: restamp on January 25, 2016, 01:04:02 PM
Quote from: sonup on January 25, 2016, 11:31:43 AM2. also if network is down i don't want to hear a dial tone when i pick up phone connected to obi200. right now if network is down and i pick up the phone i get a dial tone and then when i try to dial it tells me no connection.

thanks tried that and rebooted but it didn't work. i still get a dial tone and then a message " network status ip not available"

SteveInWA

Quote from: sonup on January 25, 2016, 01:27:42 PM
Quote from: restamp on January 25, 2016, 01:04:02 PM

thanks tried that and rebooted but it didn't work. i still get a dial tone and then a message " network status ip not available"

#1:  that is exactly how Google Voice works:  it simultaneously rings up to six destinations.  One is Google Chat, which your OBi is signed into, and you can have up to 5 regular telephone numbers, too.  Just log onto your GV account, go to the Phones tab in Settings, and add the forwarding phone number you wish, and complete the verification phone call.  When someone calls your GV number, it rings all destinations for 25 seconds.  Whichever one answers the call first, wins.

#2:  you probably made the change on the OBi's local web page, which got overwritten by the OBiTALK portal settings when you rebooted.  Make the change on the OBiTALK web portal, in Expert mode.  Remove both checkmarks to the right of the setting to enable changing it.  Submit the change and wait for your device to reboot.  I suggest using one of the SIT (Special Information Tone) settings instead of no tone.  These are the "dooo dooo DEEE" tones you hear when there is a problem with your call.