News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help please - OBI110 as basic call blocker

Started by GaryC1234uk, January 24, 2016, 02:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryC1234uk

Hi,
I am a complete newbie to the Obi110 and to telephony – so please be gentle.

I recently purchased an Obi110 for use in the UK as just a nuisance call blocker – that is I want to stop robocalls getting through to the attached analogue phone completely and to discourage marketing calls by use of a customized Auto Attendant message – which basically says words to the effect – "If you are a marketing call – get lost, if you are friend or family press 1 to be connected"

I know this is sort of an abuse of the powerful Obi110 box – but the instillation is intended for my 90 year old mother-in-law who can't get Caller-ID to work on her PSTN line. My aim is to reduce the number of spam marketing calls she gets – she is not interested in saving money by using any VOIP services and never goes anywhere – so I want to switch off all features of the Obi – except for the PSTN line, PH port and the Auto Attendant.

I need help to .....
1)   Switch off the PP, SP1 and SP2 functions
2)   Switch off AA menu options 2 (call forwarding) and 3 (ringback) completely
3)   Have all incoming calls route to AA and then Option 1 to call the attached phone
4)   Have all outgoing calls (from the attached phone) routed to the PSTN line
5)   Effectively switch off all other features (apart from the local web configuration option).
6)   Prevent any changes made locally being overwritten by Voip provider or OBItalk configurations (is this disable auto-provisioning?). [I purchased the Obi110 via Amazon and it's been pre-configured to RealCalls via SP1]

I have managed to switch on the AA so that it greats me when phoning in on the PSTN. I have also managed to create and save a custom "user1" - "Welcome" message and modify the AA parameter list so that it replaces the default "Welcome", "Menu" and "Menu Options" voices. I can't however work out how to disable AA options 2 and 3 – so that 'call-forward' and 'ringback' can't be used.

I have no idea how to disable the PP (Obi?) SP1 and SP2 interfaces to stop people "ringing-in" on them.

I have tried to get my head round digi-maps – but have failed miserably – I want to change the outgoing maps for calls originating from the attached analogue phone so that all calls are routed to the PSTN (line) regardless of the number dialled.

I don't want to completely delete the SP1, SP2 and Obi maps – in case I wan't to make use of them later, but just 'disable' these services and route all Phone-Port originated outgoing calls to the PSTN line.

I can't get the Obi110 to register with OBiTalk – so all configuration has to be done via the Web Server-Based Local Configuration  (I am not bothered about getting it working with OBiTalk configuration interface as I want to switch off the PP/Obitalk interface anyway)

Sorry this request is so long ... Hope it all makes sense.

Thanks in advance for your help.

azrobert

1. Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> Enable: Unchecked
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> Enable: Unchecked
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> Enable: Unchecked

2. You can't prevent the caller from entering 2 or 3, but you can just ignore these options.
1st delete all prompts except Menu by setting them to "&pause()" without the quotes.

Ignore all responses except "1". After the caller enters "1" it is transformed to a zero. Route zero to the phone port and ignore anything else.
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> OutboundCallRoute: {0:ph}

3. Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> InboundCallRoute: {aa}

4. The default Primary Line is the Line Port, so you don't need to change anything. Maybe someone from the UK can recommend a more efficient Line Port DigitMap.

5. Don't know what you want. All trunks are already disabled by item#1.

6. System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under Auto Firmware, ITSP Provisioning and OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: disabled

Thanks for the question. I needed a break from watching the Arizona Cardinals get their a$$ kicked.

Edit:
You probably don't need it, but also make the following change:
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> DigitMap: (0)

GaryC1234uk

Many thanks azrobert for your kind reply. I have made the changes you suggest.

However, couple more questions if I may ....

The Obi110 was 'pre-configured' for UK by ITSP (http://www.realcalls.com/) so I think they did the "UK more efficient Line Port DigitMap" bit !  But they also set the PhonePort PrimeryLine to be SP1 - I have amended that to be PTSN Line - I assume that is correct?

But I was worried that I would also need to change the Outbound call route - as the enclosed leaflet from RealCalls suggested that with their settings UK National and Mobile calls (prefix = 01. 02. 03. 07) and International calls (prefix = 00) would be routed out via SP1.

I have read and re-read various articles on changing the digi maps(outboundcallroute) but my brain can't get there ..... was not sure if it would work properly if I disabled SP1 but the route still pointed to that service.

I think w.r.t. Question 5 above - I was trying to prompt for advice on anything more I needed to do to secure (lock-down) the device further .... Whilst trying to find answers here I have read some horror stories about SIP scanners and people abusing others OBIs to make international calls .... I have changed the admin password for local web config - and changed pin for AA2 - but is there anything more I need to do if SP1, SP2 and ObiTalk services are disabled ?

Sorry for being a pain - but I am a complete newbie to all this (- don't think I would have purchased this thing if I had realized how complicated the settings were going to be ... was expecting just a few tick boxes for config .... I should have done more research before buying I guess - but was seduced by a fancy YouTube sales pitch! ).

I am not able to follow US sport here in the UK - but did a quick web search and I guess the headline "Arizona Cardinals 15-49 Carolina Panthers" is the game to which you refer - what can I say but sorry your team lost ! - Maybe better next season !

Cheers

Gary

WelshPaul

Quote from: GaryC1234uk on January 25, 2016, 02:23:30 AM

The Obi110 was 'pre-configured' for UK by ITSP (http://www.realcalls.com/) so I think they did the "UK more efficient Line Port DigitMap" bit !  But they also set the PhonePort PrimeryLine to be SP1 - I have amended that to be PTSN Line - I assume that is correct?
Correct! Did you ask http://www.realcalls.com/ to remove the device from it's provisioning server? If not, ask them.

Quote from: GaryC1234uk on January 25, 2016, 02:23:30 AMBut I was worried that I would also need to change the Outbound call route - as the enclosed leaflet from RealCalls suggested that with their settings UK National and Mobile calls (prefix = 01. 02. 03. 07) and International calls (prefix = 00) would be routed out via SP1.
You should be able to upload the UK XML file to your OBi device, doing so will set everything up for the UK. However rather than mess with your setup to much I have added a modified XML file to this post that will update all your current DigiMaps (and only your digimaps) to those used in the UK.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

GaryC1234uk

Thanks WelshPaul ....Did you ask http://www.realcalls.com/ to remove the device from it's provisioning server? ...- No I have not - I have however disabled ITSP Provisioning under Auto Provisioning in System Management - does this not work ? - (I may wish to use RealCalls later on - but I want to roll the box out initially to Mother-in-law in a minimal state ... she is 90 years old and located 150 miles away - so I need it to be 'simple setup' at first - may well extend functionality at a later date - but she can't cope with too much at once).

Will have a look at your modified XML 'maps' after lunch - not sure I am sufficiently awake just yet !

Cheers!
Gary

azrobert

WelchPaul, please correct me if I'm wrong. The XML file will only change the digit maps, so set the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute to default by checking the default box to the right of the value, Submit and Reboot. This assumes you don't want to start over by doing a Factory Reset.

azrobert

I hope the following will help you understand the OBi110.

Routing an outbound call is a 2 step process.
The Phone Port DigitMap validates the dialed number.
Rule (Mpli) will include the rules in primary line's DigitMap.
If the dialed number doesn't match a rule, you will receive a fast busy.

If the dialed number matches a rule in the DigitMap the phone port outbound call route will route the call to the primary line using rule {(Mpli):pli}

SP1 and SP2 digit maps are ignored unless you dial the number with an **n prefix.

GaryC1234uk

Yes - I think I have it now - the obi was 'auto provisioned' by realcalls.com and SP1 was enabled - so it was routing calls based on 'Realcalls' rules to either line or SP1. By disabling SP1 and adopting WelchPauls UK maps/rules I think its now behaving in the way I wanted.

Many thanks to both of you.

Gary
:)