News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voicemail Notification on Phone with GV and Obi202

Started by rammjet, January 28, 2016, 10:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rammjet

Actually setting this up for a neighbor.

Registered a GV number forwarded to Google Chat.  Configured the Obi202 through ObiTalk to use GV.  Can call out through the phone with GV.  Can make calls to the phone with GV.  Allowing phone to ring brings up Google voicemail and a message can be left.  GV sends the voicemail to the email address.  But the phone has no indication that a message exists - the light on the phone does not flash. the LCD does not say a message is waiting, there is no stutter tone.

Again, the Obi was configured through ObiTalk.  In the Obi LAN interface, both MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable have checks in the Value column and no checks in the Default column.  If I manually check the Message Waiting item. the phone light flashes, the LCD says a message is waiting and there is a stutter tone.

I've tried recommendations from posts made a few years ago which seemed to resolve with new firmware, but I can't find any real complaints about this currently.  The Obi has the latest firmware.  I've tried deleting everything and factory resetting the Obi to start over and have the same result.

Can anyone suggest or point out what needs to be done?

Thanks.

Taoman

Quote from: rammjet on January 28, 2016, 10:15:38 AM

Can anyone suggest or point out what needs to be done?

Yes, stop trying. It is no longer supported. I believe this has been since the new authentication method (oauth2) was implemented.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5084.msg56824#msg56824