News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Great But Future Nine Garbled

Started by Michael_Reeder, January 31, 2016, 11:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_Reeder

I've had both Future-Nine and Google Voice set-up on my two Obi202 devices for months.

Both worked great until about a month ago.

Future-Nine is now always garbled while Google Voice continues to work fine.

My Internet service (T-Mobile cellular broadband) has remained the same before and after the problem, as have the handsets that I use.  My Obi202 devices are at two different locations on two different T-Mobile broadband connections.  Same problem both locations.  The T-Mobile broadband connection speeds have not significantly downgraded over this period.

I note that Future-Nine continues to work fine thru their Softcloud app on my iPhone when utilizing the phone's Internet connection (Verizon Wireless) but NOT when the phone is connected thru wifi (same T-Mobile service as above).

So this may well be a T-Mobile cellular broadband issue rather than an Obi issue... although the T-Mobile connections worked great for months...

Any ideas on settings I could check?  Or why the change in the last month?

Thanks,
Michael

Michael_Reeder

A slightly different angle on this same problem:

If we were to assume the cellular broadband is the problem, what would be the very best Obi202 settings under expert config for helping to tolerate a less than optimal Internet connection?

Thanks,
Michael