News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No incoming calls, have to dial * to dial out [solved]

Started by Mage, August 14, 2015, 08:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mage

I set up my new Obi100 with GV and Anveo E911 yesterday. I was very please with how quick and easy it was.

Today, it's not working. Here's what happened: at the moment, my router is using my laptop USB for power until a replacement AC adapter arrives. When I turned off the computer for the night, the router went offline. Coincidentally, at some point in the night, the wired phone that was plugged into the Obi fell off of my desk--not sure how that happened. It's a 2-line phone and from the small impact the mechanical line switch reset to no line at all.

This morning I tried to use the phone, and there was no dial tone. That was my original mistake: I didn't realize a line wasn't selected. That is, the problem was with my phone and not with the Obi or GV. I looked up what other people have done when they have no dial tone, and one recommendation was removing the device in ObiTalk and re-adding it. I did that, reconnected to GV and Anveo, and then realized that I had to press the line switch on my phone in order to get a dial tone.

OK, so now I have a dial tone. However, I have to hit * in order to dial out. Otherwise I just get a constant dialtone with some rotary-phone style clicking. The phone is also not ringing when I try my GV number. (This did work before my travails this morning.)

Does anyone have any thoughts for what I can do to get back to my fully functional state?

OzarkEdge

Is your phone set/switched to use Touch Tone vs. Dial Pulse (rotary)?

Try a different phone?

OE

Mage

After much searching, I finally did find a switch on the phone for tone dial vs. pulse dialing. It was very carefully hidden, and it must have been thrown when the phone fell. That solved that problem. The problem of no incoming calls lingered, so I tried another phone. No dice.

I then saw instructions on another thread that recommended deleting the 'Google Chat' phone under my GV account. Google automatically replaces it with a seemingly identical GC phone, and that did the trick. Incoming calls now ring the phone and seem to be functioning normally.

airberryblue

Thank you, your info helped me with the same problem on a Obi100 and GV.