News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need a little help with Obiphone 1062 setup

Started by eagleram13, February 11, 2016, 06:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eagleram13

I've been using the obi200 for my home phone very successfully for about a year.  I recently added an obi202 for my business phone and that has been great too, using it with a regular cordless phone.

I just received my Obiphon 1062 and I'm having a difficult time with the setup.

Do I plug the Ethernet into the obi202 LAN jack or into the router/switch?

Can anyone direct me to straight forward instructions on the basic setup? 

Thanks in advance  ???
David

PS...I have three GV #s configured on the obi202 at moment and will want to use those on the 1062.

SteveInWA

Think of the 1062 as a OBi 200 built into a phone.  It's a fully digital telephone; it doesn't need to plug into an OBi ATA; it has one built-in.

The OBi 1062 came with an Ethernet cable.  Plug one end into the phone, and the other end into your router, just as you did with your 200 and 202.

Add it to your OBiTALK portal by clicking the "Add device" link.  You can then configure the SP1 -- SP6 slots as you wish, same as you would with the 200 or 202.  There are a boatload of other things you can configure, like the function of all of the buttons on the phone, which type of headset to use, etc.  Unfortunately, there is no "dummies" guide.  There's the administrator's guide, which you can download from Obihai, but that's it.