News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiBT Issues

Started by Boykin, October 21, 2015, 05:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boykin

Is anyone else having issues with their OBiBT adapter?  When I connect it to my 202, it sounds fine until the other party starts talking.  It then starts making noises like they are pressing the buttons on their phone.  It does this no matter if it is an incoming or outgoing call.  It does it on every call so it is no the party on the other end. 

When I connect it to my 1032, the 1032 will show it is connect, but it stops ringing after the first call.  Sometimes it will not even connect. 

Right now, I am having to use an OBiLine to connect to my 1032, plug my X-link into the OBiLine and connect my cell phone to the X-link via Bluetooth.  It would be nice if I could the OBiLine with OBiPlus but I do not see any way to make it an inbound trunk. 

Boykin

Update:  I purchased a new Windows Phone 10 phone and I get the dialing tones when the other party starts talking. 

I purchased a new OBiBT for my 202 and it still gives me the dialing tones when the other party starts talking. 

I have ordered a new 202 to see if that will fix my problem. 

Update on 1032 issue:  I had to quit using the OBiBT with my 1032.  The cell phone would ring but the 1032 would not.  If I picked up on the 1032, I would get a dial tone.  If I answered the cell phone, dead silence.  I could not hear anyone and they could not hear me.  I finally figured out that I had to answer the call on the cell phone and then pick up the 1032 in order to talk.  I have not tested this with Windows Phone 10.

Boykin

I have replaced my cell phone, my OBi202, and my OBiBT and I still have the same problem.  I guess the problem must be with OBiPlus. 

I have the same issue no matter if I answer on a phone attached to an OBi100 or a 1032. 

VoipAddict

Quote from: Boykin on October 21, 2015, 05:54:36 PM
Is anyone else having issues with their OBiBT adapter?  When I connect it to my 202, it sounds fine until the other party starts talking.  It then starts making noises like they are pressing the buttons on their phone.   

Having exactly the same problem here. Tested on different phones with the same results. Very annoying...

Boykin

Don't replace any equipment.  I replaced everything and still have the same problem.  I even moved the 202 to about 3-4 feet from my cell and I still have the problem so it is not a distance issue. 

timjay

Did anyone get the obibt to work without the issues mention above,i am having the same problem using it with a obi200,its hardly usable because of this.Will be contacting support about this,its long overdue to be fixed.

Boykin

I was not able to ever get this working.  I bought a new cell phone, a new OBiBT adapter and a new 202 and the problem persists.  I have taken my 202s out of service since my cell phone is my primary line.  When I connect the OBiBT to a 1032, I don't have the problem. 

I contacted support via email and they told me to reset up BT.  I did and the problem persisted.  I contacted support and told them that did not fix the problem.  I never heard from them again.  That was on 12/18/2015.

Boykin

I thought the problem was going to be with OBiPlus.  I removed OBiPlus from the mix and it is a problem remains.  Don't replace your equipment.  That will not fix your problem. 

timjay

Ok,its just so annoying when using it,i have to keep telling the person on the other gsm line to repeat everything because the the beeps keep coming in on the line.

Boykin

Does anyone know of any device that I can use to connect a cellphone to via Bluetooth and have it emulate a SIP line that I can connect to a 1032?  I had a cell phone connected to a 202.  The connection was stable, but every time the other party would start talking, it sounded like they were pressing the number keys on their phone. 

I ditched the 202 and set up 2 different 1032 with 2 different cell phones.  After a while, when I get a call on the cell phones, the calls will stop ringing on the 1032s and only ring on the cell phones.  The 1032 shows that the cell phone is connected, but it ignores the calls.  I have to disconnect the cell phones and reconnect them via Bluetooth.  This is getting on my last nerve as I am missing calls.