News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 LINE forward to cell

Started by cp19, February 16, 2016, 09:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cp19

Hey guys!

I've been reading through forums and nothing quite answers my requirements.

The end goal: Have my apartment buzzer (not associated to any telco - old style system) send all incoming calls to my cell phone. I don't want it ringing a VoIP phone in my apartment - simply dial the buzzer and a call shows up on my cell.

What I currently have: Even though I don't want a VoIP phone I have an old analog phone plugged into the PHONE port on the Obi. I have the Obi registered with voip.ms and I can send and receive calls.

I've tried changing the LINE setting "InboundCallRoute" to {sp1(1xxxxxxxxxx)} but it doesn't seem to call my cell phone. Any ideas?

**Note - When I leave the LINE "InboundCallRoute" to "ph" and I dial via the buzzer it rings the phone attached to PHONE and it can be answered with two-way audio.

azrobert

Check the call history for errors.

To access Call History:
Log directly into the OBi110 using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi110 into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Click Status on the left column then click Call History.

Is X_SpoofCallerID enabled (checked)?
If it's enabled, uncheck it.

It can be found here:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID

cp19

Thanks for the response azrobert!

It looks as though SpoofCallerID is not checked.

Here is a screenshot from the call history call legs.

Call 1 =  analog phone connected to PHONE + LINE inboundcallroute set to ph. This call connects through and I was able to buzz myself in. (You can see the "call connected" status)

Call 2 = no analog phone + LINE inboundcallroute set to {sp1(1xxxxxxxxxx)} where x=my cell phone number. You can see it rings but not sure why PHONE1 shows "inbound" when the route does not mention "ph". Do I have the expression right for the "{sp1(1xxxxxxxxxx)}" part?

azrobert

Assuming 1xxxxxxxxxx is your cell number then your rule looks good.
The 2nd call is being route to the phone port, not SP1.

Do you configure you OBi110 via OBiTalk or the local interface?
If you use the local interface to configure your OBi you must disable OBiTalk auto provisioning, otherwise OBiTalk will overlay any changes you make.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled

cp19

Thanks for this azrobert,

I attempted to set it up strictly through the local interface but nothing seemed to work. I then did configuration through OBiTalk and that's how it got to a working state.

I have disabled the OBiTalk auto provisioning and will give this another shot when I get home today (with the updated LINE inbound rule).

azrobert

Configuring from OBiTalk should work with auto provisioning enabled. I don't see the problem.

cp19

...There is no problem? I was just saying that I ended up having to use OBiTalk to get it set up and working the way it is now (ex. Analog phone into PHONE port and registered with voip.ms). What I am going to be testing is turning off the auto provisioning and updating the LINE setting.