News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No message waiting indication OBI202

Started by harvest, February 25, 2016, 05:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvest

Voice mail left on port 2 (SP2) of my OBI202 does not activate the message waiting light or the stutter tone. The voice mail messages are there to retrieve, but no indication on the phone or the stutter tone.

I checked the dashboard config for the device and the voicemail notification is configured correctly for the OBI on SP2.

Port 1 (SP1) works fine with no issues.

Any suggestions?

SteveInWA

Yeah, here's a suggestion:  supply more details.  Which service provider are you using on SP2?  If it's Google Voice, message waiting is not supported.

ericseaberg

I'm having the same problem.  My VOIP provider supports this function as it worked with their box (VoIPo) before it died and I upgraded to the OBi.  I can get into the ADMIN settings for the 200 and attempt to 'change' the setting to show message waiting, but the change is never saved.  Am I missing something obvious?

azrobert

If you added your OBi200 to the OBiTalk portal, you must use OBi Expert to make configuration changes. Uncheck both boxes to the right of the value before trying to make the change.

If you want to use the local interface to make configuration changes you need to turn off auto provisioning, otherwise OBiTalk will overlay your change.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled