News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

A few problems with OBI110 and RasPBX...

Started by GarryInKY, February 28, 2016, 02:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GarryInKY

Hi Guys,
    I'm a computer programmer who, prompted by robo-calls decided to venture into telephony. I saw where several people had used an OBI110 and a Raspberry Pi running raspbx to build a call screening system, so I decided to give it a try.  I followed the guidelines at https://www.liquidstate.net/blocking-silent-and-nuisance-calls-with-an-obi110-raspbx-asterisk-pbx/ and it mostly works, but there are a few snags. On my landline, I already have call waiting and call forwarding, but these don't work properly going through the Raspberry and the OBI110.  For call waiting, my phone gets the notification that there is another call, but flashing the line just gives a dial tone. Attempting to use call forwarding with *72 doesn't appear to get to the phone company, but seems to keep the OBI110/Raspberry from answering the phone; *73 restores normal operation.  In addition, while voicemail should be an option with the PBX, attempting to dial *97 goes right to a busy tone, and *98 appears to be getting caught by one of the default Star Codes in the OBI110, but disabling that on the OBI110 just results in the *98 going to a busy signal.  (Incidently, the other * codes for asterisk PBX also just go to a busy signal).  The system is, however, letting me make and receive calls, and is properly screening calls and letting people leave voicemail (which I have to examine through the web interface).  My hope was that I could get this system set up and then, once working properly, learn more about asterisk, and tinker with adding additional features, but before I do that I would like to have the system working as desired.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
     Thanks,
       Garry

azrobert

To route star codes to a trunk, the star code must match a rule in the trunk DigitMap. The DigitMap takes precedence over the Star Code Profile if you get an explicit match (not using "*xx"). If you use "x" in the rule then you will have to disable any matching code in the Star Code Profile. The following assumes you have SP1 registered as a Raspbx extension and SP1 is the OBi110 Primary Line. If it's not the primary line, you will need additional code. Use OBi Expert to make the following change:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap
Add the following AFTER the beginning parenthesis: *97|*98|

azrobert

The default for flash is to send it to the OBi110. You need to configure the OBi110 to send flash to PSTN.

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> HookFlashHandling: Send to PSTN

*72 is a similar problem as *97, it's being intercepted by the OBi110. You need to add *72 to the ITSP A digit map:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap
Add the following AFTER the beginning parenthesis: *72|*97|*98|

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -
Add the following to the beginning of the OutboundCallRoute:
{*72:li},

*72 must match a rule in the Phone DigitMap
Rule (Mpli) in the phone DigitMap includes all the rules in the primary line's digit map
That is why *72 was added to the ITSP A DigitMap
Maybe it would be more logical to add * 72 to the Phone DigitMap
Your decision

Edit:
The OBi110 default has rule "{(<#:>|911):li}" in the phone outbound route. You can change to "{(<#:>|911|*72):li}" instead of my above suggestion.

GarryInKY

Hi azrobert,
    Thanks for the suggestions!  I hadn't seen the flash hook setting when looking through the OBI110 settings.  That resolved the call waiting problem.  Adding *72| and *73| (to disable call forwarding) to the digit map and {*72:li},{*73:li}, to the Outbound Call Route got the call forwarding working.   Adding *97|*98 to the ITSP digit map did not work (at least in and of itself) but it occurred to me that this was related to the *72 problem, except in this case, I didn't want the outbound *97 to go to the POTS line, but instead back to the PBX on sp1.  I added *97| to the list in the DigitMap of the PHONE port and added {*97:sp1}, to the start of the Outbound call route, and this seems to work.
     Thanks again for your help!
                Garry

azrobert

Quote from: azrobert on February 28, 2016, 03:12:47 PM
The following assumes you have SP1 registered as a Raspbx extension and SP1 is the OBi110 Primary Line. If it's not the primary line, you will need additional code.

My assumption was wrong. That is why it didn't work. Obviously, you figured out what needed to be changed.