News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

caller id number

Started by Scott2, March 03, 2016, 07:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott2

Just installed my Obi200 with Google voice account.   When I call the Google number the caller id has a 1 preceding the 10 digit number so it looks like 176-89012345  instead of 768-9012345.  Why is that and is there a way to get rid of the preceding 1?

azrobert

Some providers provide 10 digit callerids and others 11 digits.
You need to modify the GV digit map inbound route with OBi Expert.

Assuming GV is defined on SP1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap:
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{(<1:>xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}

Scott2

What is this field used for?   Does it modify the way digits are sent or just displayed?  This is what my current setting is:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

I tried highlighting it but it wont take keyboard entries.  How do I modify?

Taoman

Will need to get confirmation from azrobert but I'm pretty sure he means to put it in the X_InboundCallRoute which is located here:

Voice Service>SP1 Service>X_InboundCallRoute

Uncheck both boxes to the right of the field you wish to edit and then submit and save your changes.

azrobert

Thanks Taoman for the correction. I shouldn't post until I'm fully awake. LOL
I corrected my post.

azrobert

Quote from: Scott2 on March 03, 2016, 08:31:37 AM
What is this field used for?
The Phone Port DigitMap is used to validate the dialed number. (Mpli) in the Phone DigitMap will include the Primary Route's (Default is SP1) DigitMap rules. You can modify the dialed number. It also determines how long the OBi will wait until the call is routed.

Then the Phone Port OuboundCallRoute will route the call to the correct SP trunk. Rule {(Mpli):pli} will compare the dialed number with the rules in the Primary Route's DigitMap and upon a match will route the call to the Primary route.

The default X_InboundCallRoute will route inbound calls to the Phone Port. The inbound route can be changed to block calls, re-route calls to an IP address or out a trunk to another phone number or modify the callerid.

Scott2

I made the change and it works.   Thanks for help.