News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

What are the steps to connect a second GV account to OBI200?

Started by pistil, March 04, 2016, 04:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pistil

Do I need two OBI200 devices or should they both be set up on one? 

We had two land lines and successfully set up one line on GV and OBI about a month ago.  Now I want to set up the second land line and have ported the line to a cell phone.  I know how to port the cell phone to GV.  What next?

Is there somewhere already on the forum that tells step-by-step how to connect a second GV account on the OBI200?

Is it the same as setting up the first one, but on SP2?  If so, can we set it up so a different old style land line phone will ring?  Or do we have to use the same old style phone with a different ring, and if so, how do we change the ring?

SteveInWA

Setting up a second Google Voice account on your OBi follows the same procedure as setting up the first account, except that you click on SP2 on your OBiTALK dashboard, instead of SP1, which I assume is already set up with the first account.  Before you do this, log out of GV account #1, and log into GV account #2, in the same web browser, then click Ctrl-T to open up a new browser tab and perform the OBiTALK/GV setup.   You'll see a pop-up dialog box.  Make sure that the Gmail address displayed shows the correct Gmail account that is associated with your desired GV number.

As for using a second phone, you'd either need to buy another OBi 200, or replace your existing one with a OBi 202, which has two physical telephone line jacks.  If you configure both GV accounts on the one OBi 202, then both GV accounts will ring the same phone(s) plugged into the one telephone jack on that OBi.  The SP2 account will have a "distinctive" ring (a stuttered ring) so you can tell them apart.

pistil

Thank you for your reply.

If we use two OBI200 devices, do we need two Obitalk accounts in order to use two different phone lines?  Otherwise, if we set up the second OBI on SP2, how will Obitalk identify there are two devices when there is only space to configure one OBI device on the device configuration page?

dircom

You can add multiple devices on your Obitalk Dashboard.

Add each device to your dashboard, then
click on the Obi you want to configure, and add the service provider(s)