News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 System management

Started by prorec, March 14, 2016, 06:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prorec

Hi. I am new to OBIHAI use and can't seem to find system tools. I am able to get into the dashboard. When I registered my Obi202 online I saw fields that displayed service providers. Currently I am using Google Voice but none of that information is available in the Dashboard. How do I access this?

Everything seems to work fine as far as making and receiving calls. Thanks.

SteveInWA

Hi:

Your question is unclear.  You said "I am able to get into the dashboard."  Well, that is where all the settings are located.  The basic settings are displayed when you click on your OBi 202 device name on the dashboard, and, if you scroll down and click the blue button to get to OBi Expert configuration mode, and answer the "yes, I really, really mean it" prompt, and then click the additional/annoying blue confirmation button, you will see all the settings, including the System Management section, displayed in a column on the left side of the page.

Start here: http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev

If you plan to do this regularly, you can add a red "E" (for Expert) symbol to the dashboard, for quick access.  On the dashboard, click the "Edit Profile" link, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and put a check mark in the Advanced options / Expert selection.

prorec

Thanks Steve. When I go to the dashboard under My Obi Devices all I see listed is one Softphone in device configuration. The Obi202 is not listed. When I click on Softphone it displays the Obi softphone number. Scrolling down does not show any blue button to click. I tried registering the Obi202 device again and it says it's already registered. What am I doing wrong?

drgeoff

Quote from: prorec on March 15, 2016, 07:32:24 AM
Thanks Steve. When I go to the dashboard under My Obi Devices all I see listed is one Softphone in device configuration. The Obi202 is not listed. When I click on Softphone it displays the Obi softphone number. Scrolling down does not show any blue button to click. I tried registering the Obi202 device again and it says it's already registered. What am I doing wrong?
Do you have two Obitalk accounts and are looking on the wrong one?

CookinNow

Yes. That was the problem. Initially I logged in using my Google account but had forgotten that step so when I returned days later I created another ObiTalk account to log in. Problem solved. Thanks.