News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 vanished from Dashboard after setup w/formerly non-gmail Google account

Started by TheMiceWereFurious, April 04, 2016, 08:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMiceWereFurious

I set up my new OBi202 with Google Voice following these steps:
1.  Physically installed on my network and phone per quick-start guide
2.  Set-up OBiTALK account, logging into OBiTALK using my Google account, which was then a non-gmail account.
3.  Tried to setup device using this account-- did not work-- but finally got it to work by creating a Gmail account under the same Google Voice account per http://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/GV-and-the-OBi/nonGmail-Username-with-GV-on-OBi
4.  Successfully setup device using the Gmail account.

One day later, I can still make and receive voice calls using my GV number via the OBi's phone port, but now when I sign in to OBiTALK, it does not show my device in the dashboard-- indeed, it offers to add a new device and do GV setup all over again... except that doesn't work when I try:  I get the error message, "The device has joined the network before, under another user's account. If you want to add this device, please do a factory reset and click Try Again."  However, the first step of a factory reset is to remove the device from my OBiTALK account, which of course I can't do if it doesn't show up in my dashboard.

I suspect that the OBiTALK portal still saw me as logged in under my non-gmail account when I setup the device, but now sees me only with the new Gmail account name.  (It's the same account; I just created a new Gmail address under the existing Google account, along with my GV number.)

So I can still use my phone with GV, but i can't make any further configurations-- like adding Anveo E911 service.  Any suggestions?

LTN1

You can either log out of all Google accounts in the browser that you are using to log into OBiTalk then use the correct account to log on - or - try using private browsing and log into the OBiTalk site using the correct account.

This is not an OBi issue...it is likely a browser issue. Try cleaning your browser cache also if you don't know how to do the above suggestions.