News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming Google Voice calls going somewhere else.

Started by JamesJay, March 17, 2016, 09:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesJay

So I called my car dealership today to schedule some service and I needed a car to use so the service manager said he'd call me back in a few minutes. After a 1/2 hour or so I called him back and he said he tried calling me several times and he was connecting to some law enforcement officer across the state, I asked him if he had caller ID and he says "Yep, the number showing now is indeed the number I just called!"   Please help!

dircom

go to settings
click on the phone tab
see where the calls are being sent to

JamesJay

"Forwards Calls to: Google Chat"  that is it and my cell phone is the only number and it is not checked. 

dircom

Is this a new number?
did you port a number
more details needed

JamesJay

Quote from: dircom on March 17, 2016, 10:07:41 AM
Is this a new number?
did you port a number
more details needed

1.The number is about a month old but it has not been used a whole lot as far as incoming calls go.
2. No I did not port a number, I chose this number from Google Voice's selection of numbers.

....I drove across town and had someone that has never called my number try it out and it worked fine.
I am thinking that perhaps the dealership's telephone does not allow long distance numbers and so the area code would have been wrong even though I told him what the area code was.