News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 second dial tone after message is left on home answering machine

Started by gnrb, March 16, 2016, 09:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnrb

Hello,

I am a new Obi user and have just completed porting my home phone to Google Voice to use with the Obi200. (Home phone to cell provider then to GV) My main goal was to use this service as a regular house phone.  I have it set up and it seems to be working but I do have a small issue that I am not sure is normal for this set up. 

I have my Obi connected to my existing home phone network via a phone jack.  The Obi is in the basement and my main Panasonic wireless phone with answering machine is in the Kitchen.  When someone leaves a message, I hear a dial tone from the answering machine for about two seconds right after the caller hangs up.  This isn't a huge problem or anything but if there is something I can do to make it not do this, I'd like to.

If you have any suggestions or thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

N7AS

Sometimes this is normal. I have experianced this. It's just thr OBi device waiting for the carrier to disconnect.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

gnrb

Thanks for the quick reply.  I guess when you are not paying for phone service, you have to expect a few imperfections.  I appreciate the help.