News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming Calls help needed OBI 200

Started by lucas10, March 30, 2016, 01:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas10

Hi,
obi 200 + voip by freephoneline need some help.
OBI SoftwareVersion 3.1.0 (Build: 5191), hardware version is 1.4. For now using only SP1 Service from freephoneline voip.
I want my home phone to ring for every call: a regular call or anonymous call, so all incoming calls to be treated equally. Now anonymous calls going directly to voice mail without ringing on my phone. I also have DND feature off and Anonymous Call Block is off. Freephoneline voip checked from their side and its definitely OBI configuration, since other ATA having no issues with anonymous calls not ringing and sent to voice mail. Here are my current Digit Map setups:

ITSP Profile A General    DigitMap   ('*98'|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Voice Service   SP1 Service     X_InboundCallRoute       ph

User Settings   User Defined DigitMaps
Label             ipd
DigitMap         (xx.<*:@>xx?x?<*:.>xx?x?<*:.>xx?x?<*:.>xx?x?|xx.<*:@>xx?x?<*:.>xx?x?<*:.>xx?x?<*:.>xx?x?<*::>xx?x?x?x?)

I tried to modify User Settings ipd DigitMap by removing all ?: bit did not work !
Would appreciate some coding help here.
Thanks !

drgeoff

Only the InboundCallRoute determines what happens to inbound calls.  Yours is set to 'ph' so all incoming calls will go to the phone.  Whatever is making anonymous calls go to voicemail is not your Obi, despite what FPL have told you.

lucas10

Quote from: drgeoff on March 30, 2016, 05:12:37 PM
Only the InboundCallRoute determines what happens to inbound calls.  Yours is set to 'ph' so all incoming calls will go to the phone.  Whatever is making anonymous calls go to voicemail is not your Obi, despite what FPL have told you.

hi drgeoff
I am lost now with this issue.
Here is what FPL are saying:

"Re: "anonymous" call rejected
Postby Fongo Support » 03/11/2016
Hi,
We are not rejecting anonymous calls.
I just tested now by calling from a Bell landline and block my caller ID to my FPL number an it worked.
regards"

Is not User Defined DigitMap has something to do with it?  Seems like a simple issue, and it seems to start after
latest update i made to OBI firmware couple of weeks ago...
If some modification in DigitMap would still go around to help resolve it, would be greatly appreciated.
Btw I seen several other OBI+FPL users having similar problem, but not any other ATA+FPL, so why is that?
Thanks

lucas10

here is how another user of OBI+FPL went around this issue:

"
Re: "anonymous" call rejected

Postby Mallox » 03/12/2016
To whom it can help

What did the trick for me (at least for what I can tell so far...)

Is to force to disable all un-use service in the OBI.
First directly in the OBI config itself and then by online by unchecking the obitalk and default device AND then unchecking the enable box
so I disabled the everything I wasn't using ... the AA, Gateway, trunk, OBItak, OBiPLUS, OBiBlue ...

after I did a manual restart... and than it was working out of no where...

I can't explain why... but I'm just happy it's finally working after all the time I past trying to make it work and everything I try.

Just hope it can help someone else... and that it will stay like that! "

So now I am even more confused, but must be a better way to solve this issue since it does not look right to
disable many services as posted by Mallox above.
Thanks for any help !!!

ProfTech

I'm not sure how FPL works but you may want to make sure that X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly is NOT checked. If it is, your Obi could refuse the call. CallCentric works that way. Not exactly the same result but worth trying. Also EnforceRequestUserID could act similar. Just a couple of thoughts.javascript:void(0);

drgeoff

The only way that a digit map can affect inbound calls is if it is referenced in X_InboundCallRoute.  As you say that your X_InboundCallRoute is set to ph then nothing you do to any digit map can have any affect on inbound calls.

lucas10

Hi
Thanks for all feed backs so far as I been trying for many hours to do more testing to evaluate this anonymous calls diversion to mail box without even ringing the phone and here are my findings so far:
1.First I went to try ProfTech suggestions:
X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly disabling had some effect and only after Reset Obi Expert Configuration from Obi expert configuration menu and reentering AuthPassword.  Unfortunately the effect was very short and inconsistent. I have done testing several times and ability to get thru for phone to ring anonymously was between 2 to 5 consecutive instances only before reverting back to same problem. But it did prove some direct connection to the problem. Next I went to EnforceRequestUserID , this disabling had no effect at all. I done them separately and both together, but only X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly had some noticeable impact but very short lived.
2.Testing was also done by using other brands ATA to phone anonymously to FPL number and it ringed the phone
consistently and without any issues. It was tested by FPL technicians and FPL users with other brands ATA.
3. As was reported above, other Obi users reported same problem, thus its not just a coincidence.
4. I been using Obi 200 for almost 2 years without any issues, and this problem started from around mid March 2016, as quoted also by another Obi user named Mallox » 03/12/2016, above and myself . So its obvious that the problem is Obi specific that needs fixing by Obi since FPL have no connection to this issue.
Thanks a lots for all help and feed backs so far till we get this fixed hopefully very soon, since looks like its programing glitch that happened after I updated Obi to latest firmware in mid March.
How about giving us possibility to update backward to firmware before that issue started? It will give us full functions as was before until Obi fixes this issue ?

Thanks !