News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Show GV# When Receiving on Cell, Caller's# When receiving on VOIP Phone?

Started by OBJuanKenOB, April 03, 2016, 01:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OBJuanKenOB

Just got my Obi202 installed in office with a couple of handsets hooked up to it and I still have my mobile number receiving calls when customers call GV#.

My question is this: Is there a solution to allow my mobile caller ID to show the GV# when called but have the office phones (hooked up to Obi unit) show the caller's actual phone number? The reason is that I need to know when to use my business greeting versus just "Hello" when I'm out of the office answering calls on mobile.

Thanks for your insight and time!

SteveInWA

No.  Google Voice is a call forwarding system.  A Google Voice account can forward to any combination of up to six land line and/or mobile phone numbers, plus an OBi device.  An OBi device is treated (mostly) the same way as the other forwarding phone numbers; the setting you reference (display either Google Voice number or calling party's number) applies to all forwarding destinations, OBi or regular 10-digit phone number.