News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

need info regarding OBI 110

Started by phone1234, March 22, 2016, 11:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phone1234

As i'm a novice in OBI world. I need some advice, my scenario is as follows:-

I've a landline phone with unlimited calls in my office. Suppose i wanted to call using my android phone over internet to the OBI device and then OBI device connected to my office's landine, dials the number from landline.

in summary.

My android phone------->calls over internet---->OBI 110 dials call from office landline------> and bridge them.

Any help is appreciated

ianobi

When you buy your OBi110 and register it on the Obihai network, you will automatically get a free softphone number. This enables you to bridge calls from your Android phone through the OBi110 using any service (e.g. PSTN) that exists on your OBi110. This uses the free android app - OBiON for Android. Warning! This app has not been updated for years and may not work well for you on your android phone - see a whole section on this forum - OBiON for Android.

If the above does not work so well for you, then there are many other free softphones for Android that can be used in conjunction with free voip services to bridge between your android phone and the OBi110. CSipSimple, Zoiper, Linphone etc are all possible choices.

The simple answer to your question is "yes". However, you might need some fine tuning to get a good reliable bridge working between your android phone and the OBi110.

phone1234

Thanks for your kind information.  :)