News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 will not update localtime?

Started by Gsteph, April 08, 2016, 12:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gsteph

Please help.  My Obi200 is working great on Google Voice however not matter I do, I am unable to get the local time on the device to update.  Every time a call comes in, my phones are reset to 1/1/2010 and the time to 4 plus hours different.  I have turned off the X_ProcessDateHeader option as well as updated the time server to time.nist.gov, but still won't update.  Can I force an update from the time server or update the time manually, or better yet fix the problem?  Thanks

SteveInWA

If you just leave the OBi at its default settings, and not change anything whatsoever in Expert mode, the device will simply get the time from the timeserver.

Are you sure that the time is getting reset by inbound calls?  Reboot the device.  Log into the device's local web page, and look at Status.  Is the time correct?  If so, it's fetching the time correctly.  If not, then you've got some other issue, probably user error with whatever settings you have changed.  I use us.pool.ntp.org which has never failed to get the time.  using time.nist.gov may result in delays in response from the server, at which point the OBi may give up waiting for a response.  This is a classic problem with MS Windows, by the way.

IF the time is correct, and then it gets reset when the phone rings, then you've got a hardware problem.  If the power supply or the OBi is defective, the extra ring power needed, or a faulty telephone, could be causing the voltage to drop enough to make the device reboot.  Watch the LEDs on the OBi when the phone rings.  Do you see it reboot?