News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID Belgacom in Belgium

Started by DjSam, April 17, 2016, 10:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjSam

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to setup an Obi110 with a Belgacom POTS plugged in the line port

I'm having problems with Caller ID settings. I tried plugging in a normal deskphone and it worked but I cannot get Obi to get CID.

It's not the first Obi I install. I have 3 connected to an asterisk server so far and they all are working great

Any help?

drgeoff

Have you changed the OBi to expect ETSI standard Caller ID?  Physical Interfaces, Line Port, Port Settings, CallerIDDetectMethod.  Try FSK(V.23).  If that does not work try the two DTMF options.

DjSam

drgeoff

http://www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid/cli_faq.htm says Belgium is a country using an "esoteric DTMF system" but the text there suggests commonality with the two DTMF methods which the OBi110 claims to support.  Unfortunately the links are dead.

DjSam

Using FSK (V.23) I kind of got it to work
The caller ID is showing in the Phone & Line Status page, preceded by a "
It doesn't show up in Call Status while ringing nor in the Call History
How can I get Obi to remove the " from the caller ID?

ianobi

Don't worry about the ''. This is in fact two single apostrophes which would contain CName if CName existed from your telco. It is normal if CallerID exisits but no CName on a POTS line for your OBi110 to show '' CallerID. If CName existed then it would show 'CName' CallerID.

Your problem seems to be that CallerID is being received by the OBi110, but that it is failing to process it. Try changing some of the ring detect settings to give the OBi110 a better chance of seeing the FSK string. In some cases a longer Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> RingDelay can help.

DjSam

Yup you were right
a ring delay of 2000 solved it

Thanks a lot!!