December 13, 2017, 08:45:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any way to insert a pause when dialing out on the OBi110 LINE port?  (Read 24960 times)
MichiganTelephone
OBi110 Beta Testers

« on: February 04, 2011, 03:01:47 pm »

Quick question, lets say you want to send a dialout sequence like *67< second pause>5551212 to the OBi110's line port, because the PSTN provider requires the pause.  Is there a specific character that can be inserted after the *67 to make the pause happen?  I know on the SPA-3000/SPA-3102 devices you can use a w at the appropriate point in the dial string, but that doesn't seem to work with the OBi110, so I was wondering if there might be a different character that would work (hopefully something that FreePBX won't object to)?  Huh
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 03:03:31 pm by MichiganTelephone » Logged

Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.
QBZappy
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 03:09:12 pm »

<S1> should give you a one second pause. I'm not sure if you can get .5

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.
OBi-Guru
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 03:45:47 pm »

Unfortunately the *67 code is interpreted by the OBi, and does not get passed onto the Line port.

Suggest to press # first to hear the Line port dial tone, and dial normally.
QBZappy

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 03:56:34 pm »

Is this a work around found in this thread for the *67 being processed by the Obi?

General Support > Installation and Set-Up (Devices) > Dialing *75 from your OBi, speed dial entry in VoIP.ms phone book

A service provider may use any digit combination for your configuration of speed dial entry.

Service Provider: VoIP.ms has reserved speed dial numbers: *7501 - *7599

To be able to use the VoIP.ms speed dials in your OBi, you need to do two things:

1. Delete or modify the Star Code entry(ies) that has *75.
In OBi's default configuration, you will see in both "Star Code Profile A" and "Star Code Profile B", that *75 is referenced as Code 22 for (Check Speed Dial).

2. Add *75xx to your SP DigitMap.  By taking out *75 in the Star code profile(s), you won't be able to dial *75 until you add *75xx to your DigitMap, so it looks like (*75xx|1xx......etc....).

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.
MichiganTelephone
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 04:20:32 pm »

STOP! WE'RE ALL WRONG!!  Grin

First, I apologize.  The "w" works just fine.  What isn't working on the provider line is *67 for some reason.  Even if I attach a phone and dial it I only get a fast busy.  That is relatively new behavior (and I'll bet I know when it happened) so I started using *70 for testing and left the phone hooked up and could hear it send the *70, then pause half a second, then send the rest of the number.  And I'm pretty sure it was sending the *67 just fine as well, but the line wasn't taking it.

The <S1> might work but FreePBX hates it, and even when I tried a trick to force it, it was still dialing extra digits.  A lone S (no 1, nor angle brackets) seemed to produce a one second (or so) pause.

Anyway, sorry to lead everyone on a wild goose chase, I didn't know that *67 had stopped working so now I need to investigate that.  Embarrassed

Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.
QBZappy

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 04:34:57 pm »

As far as I know, "w" is undocumented in the admin manual. Does it serve the same purpose as <S>?

MichiganTelephone
OBi110 Beta Testers

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 04:44:23 pm »

In listening to the tones go out my perception was that the w might give a second wait, same as on the SPA's.  It definitely seemed shorter than the S to me, but keep in mind I wasn't timing it with any kind of precise timer so that's just my perception.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: