News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV forwarding to a cell phone via ObiLine

Started by ceroma, April 27, 2016, 11:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceroma

First apologies if this is simple and already posted, I searched but could not find a similar request.

I have an Obi202 with 3x Google Voice numbers configured - US Phone numbers.  2 are our old US cell phone numbers that we ported to GV before leaving the US for a few years. 

They work great.
I also have an ObiLine connected to my local PSTN in The Netherlands

What I want to do... forward calls that come in on GV numbers to specific local cell numbers.  e.g. Calls coming in on GV1 to my dutch cell phone.  Calls coming in on GV2 to my wifes dutch cell phone.

I cant do this on the Cell phones in the GV natively because the cell phones do not have US numbers, they are dutch +31 cell phones.

Thanks for your help!

Ceroma

drgeoff

On each Voice Services, SPx Service, change X_InboundCallRoute to li(0123456789) where 0123456789 is the Dutch mobile number you want to forward to.

If you also want to ring the phone(s) connected to the 202's PHONE jacks, use instead the form

phx,li(0123456789)    where phx is ph or ph1 or ph2.  (ph and ph1 are synonymous.)

ceroma

Quote from: drgeoff on April 27, 2016, 04:22:31 PM
On each Voice Services, SPx Service, change X_InboundCallRoute to li(0123456789) where 0123456789 is the Dutch mobile number you want to forward to.

If you also want to ring the phone(s) connected to the 202's PHONE jacks, use instead the form

phx,li(0123456789)    where phx is ph or ph1 or ph2.  (ph and ph1 are synonymous.)

Thanks drgeoff! I really appreciate the help.

The dutch mobile number is dialing ringing great.  The only strange thing is that the internal phone connected to the 202 is only ringing one ring before it stops.   Can you think of any reason why?

drgeoff

Quote from: ceroma on April 29, 2016, 11:46:05 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on April 27, 2016, 04:22:31 PM

phx,li(0123456789)    where phx is ph or ph1 or ph2.  (ph and ph1 are synonymous.)

Thanks drgeoff! I really appreciate the help.

The dutch mobile number is dialing ringing great.  The only strange thing is that the internal phone connected to the 202 is only ringing one ring before it stops.   Can you think of any reason why?
The call can be answered by the OBi's phone or the cellphone.  Either will stop both of them ringing. Is the cellphone going to voicemail very quickly?

If you log in to the OBi202's internal web server and click on Status, then Call History you can see the timings for when the 202 received the incoming call, made the outgoing one over OBiLINE, when that was answered and/or when it deemed the call ended.

ceroma

Thanks, when I've looked at this, it shows both devices ringing.   But in practice the phone stops ringing even though the mobile phone has not been answered and is still ringing.

For some reason this morning, any configuration changes i'm making are not saving. Either via the obitalk web method or through the web-server.   I get no error, but when i go back, the setting is unchanged from the previous value.

drgeoff

Is the phone a simple 'clockwork' one or a battery/mains/wireless/does_everything_including_making_tea thing?

Don't know why your changes are not sticking. There are 3 ways to make config changes:

local web server
Obitalk portal
Obitalk portal Expert mode

Choose one and use only that one.