News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callers Can Barely Hear Us

Started by SamBass, May 11, 2016, 09:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamBass

I just bought two brand new Obi1062 VoIP phones over the weekend. I got them completely setup and on Google Voice. We are struggling with call quality in the office. I can hear them on our end crystal clear, but we are having customers complain about being unable to hear and the call cutting out.

I have 30 mbps Internet Connection with AT&T. The Obi1062's are completely wireless and they have five bars in terms of connection according to the phone. I do not any heavy download and for the most part are only using one line on one of those phones at a time.

If anyone has input or experienced this problem, I would sincerely appreciate your feedback. I really want this to work but we have to have consistently solid phone connections.

drgeoff

Here are five simple tests you can do to get more diagnostic information.

1. Call the Obi echo test on **9 222 222 222.

2. Call from one phone to the other using the Obitalk network. Dial **9 followed by the 9 digit number on the underneath of the other phone.

3. Call from one phone to the other using your ITSP (GV).

4. Connect the phones by ethernet instead of Wi-Fi. Indicated signal strength is not a reliable guide, especially if there is interference from other Wi-Fi networks.

5. Change the Wi-Fi channel on the Access Point (router).