News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I cant hear other party

Started by Payam, May 02, 2016, 10:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payam

I have an account with freephoneline.ca. I set up my OBi100 adapter. I use
Service Provider Proxy Server: voip.freephoneline.ca

Everything was ok until recently that I moved and changed my internet service provider (from cable to DSL). The problem is when I call or receive a call, I cant hear the other party but they can hear me well. Any idea what is teh problem?

Thanks

Payam

drgeoff

Payam

in the link it says:
telnet router
Menu option "24. System Maintenance".
Menu option "8. Command Interpreter Mode".
Type in:
ip nat service sip active 0

I am a beginner. how you telnet router?

Thanks

Payam

i was able to telnet. but then the command line starts with  ras. where should I type ip nat service sip active 0
?

i dont see any menu option

Payam

the valid commands are:
sys
ip
lan
bridge
other
wan
qos
certificates

Payam

I went to modem interface and I see that  SIP ALG box is unchecked.  So may be the problem is somewhere else

Payam

I am out of any idea   what else I can do. I still have the problem that I cant hear the other party although the SIP ALG is disabled.  I rebooted the OBi device. I deleted my phone and I added it again. Can anybody help me here
Thanks

ianobi

If the call is set up ok and the problem is one way speech, then the problem is likely to be the RTP ports being used. RTP is used to transport speech.

Try putting the OBi100 into DMZ of your router. If this works, then take it out of DMZ and port forward in your router the relevant RTP ports. In your OBi100 look under Service Providers > ITSP Profile A (for sp1) > RTP to see which ports are used for RTP.

Payam

Thanks ianobi.
SOrry I am a bit  new. When you say put "OBi100 into DMZ of your router", what exactily I should put in DMZ of the my Zyexl modem?
Also how should I do the port forwarding?

Thanks again

ianobi

Sorry, you will have to research your router details unless someone else wants to help.

Using DMZ is normally a case of putting the local ip address of the OBi into the DMZ of your router. Dial ***1 from the phone connected to your OBi100 and that will tell you the local ip address of your OBi100.

Payam

I did add my Obi device IP address  in DMZ ( I checked the Active DMZ hosting and entered IP, I attached the screenshot) but it did not work. By the way, I made sure that ALG SIP is disabled.
I want to do the port forwarding but I dont know what to put in there. I attached teh screenshot of my router port forwarding.

Thanks

ianobi

If you had the same one way speech problem when your OBi was in your router's DMZ, then port forwarding will not help. Putting the OBi in DMZ effectively port forwards every port through your router to the OBi.

The only change seems to be your move to DSL, so maybe it's worth opening a support ticket with your DSL provider.

Payam

My internet provider is TekSavvy and since they offer Voip phone I dont think they will care to help me to fix my problem with Obi voip phone.  What should I say about my issue so they help me?

ianobi

I can only suggest that you send your original post to freephoneline and TekSavvy. Maybe one of them will suggest something.

Mango

Disable your DMZ and remove your port forwarding.  DMZ and port forwarding are security risks and should only be done when things won't work any other way.

1) Instead of voip.freephoneline.ca, try to use voip3.freephoneline.ca.  If this works, open a ticket at https://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new and advise their support that your account works only on voip3.

2) If voip3 does not work, follow the directions for OBi100 with Rogers: http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16196 .  I realize you use TekSavvy but for this purpose the procedure is the same.

Payam

I placed a a call at Fongo and they forced the registeration and it works now. The only issue now is that other party say that sometimes my words are choppy. What could be the reason for that?

Thanks everybody

Mango

Good to hear.  This is a fairly widespread issue at FPL that they inexplicably need to fix per-account.  Some routers compensate for this which is why you didn't notice it before.

Choppy voice is a different problem and is probably due to a lack of upload bandwidth.  Either set up your router's QoS features or don't use the internet while you're on the phone.