News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

**2 dialing not working on Obi110

Started by Casey, May 08, 2016, 08:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey

I have Google Voice configured as primary service provider ("Primary Line for Outgoing Calls") and Voip.ms as secondary.

As I understand it, I should be able to dial **2 followed by the number to make an outgoing call with Voip.ms.  However when I try to do so, I do not get a dial tone and after several seconds I receive a busy tone.  I know that my Voip.ms service is working fine because I can make calls from a softphone without issue.

I set up both providers vie the OBiTALK website and have not made any changes to their configurations (see images with usernames removed for privacy).

Thanks.

drgeoff

1. You only get a dial tone before the first keypress. Dialling **2 will NOT give you dial tone again.

2. Point a browser at the IP address* of the 110 on your LAN and log in to the web interface GUI. (admin and admin are the defaults.) Click on Status, then click on Call History. You will see the number(s) that have been sent to SP2 (voip.ms). Check that they are what you expect.

(If you need to know the address dial ***1 and listen. )

Casey

Thank you for pointing my to the call log that was helpful.  I seem to be having the taking the car to the shop experience.  Which is to say that I just retried dialing and it is working fine.  I don't believe I was doing anything differently earlier, but glad that it seems to be working now.