News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV - Can Call but Won't Receive (ring)

Started by C6silver, May 14, 2016, 10:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C6silver

I have an OBI 100 device.  Originally had GV many years ago but switched to PhonePower when it was thought GV was no longer going to be supported. Now returning to GV.  I know the OBI requires a firmware update which I performed manually.  Firmware is now at 1.3.0 (2872).  I deleted the PhonePower setup and added a new GV setup using my previous credentials.  For PhonePower I always had GV forward the call so that I could continue to use the GV number without porting.  Adding GV back in was straightforward and I was able to make calls immediately.  However, calls to my phone don't ring the phone and instead go to GV voicemail after a number of rings.

I have disabled forwarding on GV so calls are NOT being sent to the old PhonePower number nor to chats.  There is NO forwarding check box ticked.  I have tried to unplug/re-plug the OBI device to rest things but still the phone does not ring.

What else can I check here?

C6silver

Problem solved.  I thought you were not supposed to have chat ticked, but you are.  Once chat was enabled the phone received calls.